Like Tree59Likes

Hotel restaurant vs Street food when traveling around Asia

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    My other really bad episodes were:
    * BA flight from Delhi - whole plane came down.
    And they say flying is safe...

dddc likes this.

Ate Chinese street food. Still alive. But that's because I had local mainland friends who know the area.

The only diarrhea I got in China was because of ma la hotpots but that's because of the chillies and nothing else. The burn goes out the bottom too. That's the disadvantage of having Sichuanese friends who are interested in showing the real local burn.

Ate Vietnamese street food. But that was because the local official was guiding us. And he knew which vendors are 'safe' for tourists.

Ate Thai, Indonesian, Taiwanese and Malaysia street food. No problems. Didn't touch uncooked stuff.

Interestingly half way at a Malaysian street store , we saw a bird shit on a bowl and made our escape out of the queue.

I have to say that Seoul was my best experience with food. Whether it was street stalls, or cheap restaurants or expensive restaurants, I was there on holiday for 4 days and every meal was good to great. These werent places we had researched before either and were just random places we liked the look of when we went past.

The other place was Osaka/Kyoto, but we researched a few options beforehand so knew it would be good.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6