• 2 Post By Trebor
  • 1 Post By GeoTommy
  • 2 Post By SannyJ
  • 3 Post By shri

Macau on Friday or Saturday

Closed Thread

Macau on Friday or Saturday

Greetings GXP,
    I have friends who will be in HKG for a few days and are dead set on making a day trip to Macau. At present they are targeting Saturday but they have Friday open as well. Would it be significantly less crowded through immigration on a Friday vs. Saturday? I've heard horror stories about two hour waits to get through immigration on a weekend in days past. Don't know if Macau is drawing crowds like it did five years ago.

Last edited by huja; 18-05-2017 at 01:57 AM.

I took my parents on a Friday last year and we flew through immigration. We took the 11am ferry from memory.

huja and megapsych like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Don't know if Macau is drawing crowds like it did five years ago.
    Personally don't think it's that much different Fri vs. Sat as there are only so many TurboJets heading there so the queues for immigration shouldn't be that long. But go early if you're worried.

Definitely less crowded these days. I remember ~5 years ago walking up to Ruins of St. Paul’s along the shops on a Sunday, it was so packed, a stampede could have been easily triggered.
    huja likes this.

I have been several times over the last 6 months and no issue at immigration. My only advice is to buy return tickets ahead of time. Otherwise you can spend hours waiting for a spot on a ferry back.

huja and JAherbert like this.

Not sure if it matters, but we've found getting into Cotai a lot easier than the old ferry terminal. The frequent buses into the Venetian do make life a lot easier.

huja, megapsych and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SannyJ:
    I have been several times over the last 6 months and no issue at immigration. My only advice is to buy return tickets ahead of time. Otherwise you can spend hours waiting for a spot on a ferry back.
    Do you generally return on Sunday evenings? Wondering whether the return ferry is always crowded or specifically at the end of the weekend...