Like Tree13Likes

British Airways' Problems

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scousebanana:
    BA really need to overhaul their cabins in longhaul Biz. The lie-flat seats were cutting edge when they launched in the late 1990s, but many airlines have now overtaken them. So many other carriers have direct aisle access from all seats these days and to have 50% pax flying backwards is just weird (though arguably safer than going forwards). The food and drink generally ok in BA Club World. Service is variable and very much dependent on how good the Cabin Services Manager is.
    How did you find the lie down seats Scousebanana? If they are anything like the ultra narrow ones in Lufthansa Biz class, then I think I'll need extra booze onboard to compensate ( knock me out!). Finnair are good, but we couldn't get return flights on this carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    How did you find the lie down seats Scousebanana? If they are anything like the ultra narrow ones in Lufthansa Biz class, then I think I'll need extra booze onboard to compensate ( knock me out!). Finnair are good, but we couldn't get return flights on this carrier.
    Narrow? Seems wide and comfy enough for me. Perhaps you might be a bit too wide for the seat.
    Name:  17992245_1483562351675277_6059558021915215770_n.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  122.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Narrow? Seems wide and comfy enough for me. Perhaps you might be a bit too wide for the seat.
    That's the current generation of business seat. Perhaps Nat is referring to the older generation (angled lie-flat).
    JaredHK, shri and Natfixit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Name:  17992245_1483562351675277_6059558021915215770_n.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  122.1 KB
    Yes, much too wide, seeing as I prefer not to sleep like a stiff that is about to enter a cremation chamber. I sleep on my stomach, not my back like a corpse spread out in all of its about-to-enter-hell-or-heaven glory. Hence, these seat beds are like sleeping on a narrow plank. Even Cathay or Korean Air biz class are wider. Same with Finnair. However, their economy class seating gives my knees severe cramps. Lufthansa biz seat beds were so narrow that I thought that I would slide off. Plus the food was so processed, vacuum packed, I barely ate. Booze - forget it. Red eye flight - biz lounge forgettable and clinical. Only thing worth mentioning was that the bartender made the BEST Singapore Sling I have tasted - Raffles Hotel take note!
    JaredHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    That's the current generation of business seat. Perhaps Nat is referring to the older generation (angled lie-flat).

Guess I am of the older generation...even if the only biz class I travelled in back then was in Qantas...from LAX to BNE via SYD. 1992. 5'4 height and weighing about 47kgs, I could curl up in the seat alone back then.....long srory, but my family got bumped up into biz because of a hiatus during the previous flight ( someone was ill) and we were severely delayed from DFW to LAX. Was seated next to this mountain of a guy who worked for IBM, overflowed his seat. I curled up into mine for the next 16 or so hours. Back then you got the leg rest but little else.

I really like BA; flew them to HK in September in Premium and they were great. Friendly and helpful staff, much better than any American airline whose staff are loud. I never eat plane food, either buy at the airport or prep in advance.

@Natfixit I was just kidding about width ... Food was ok on my flight and I was told seats were not as updated as this was a 747 out of Frankfurt to Toronto. I should try the Singapore Sling next time as they had no bourbon on board.

BA are shocking....long story short Christmas trip home with Qatar, return leg from London to Doha was BA. Due to fog in Doha, we circled for 3 hours and running low on fuel redirected to Bahrain. 3 hours on the tarmac there, we finally arrived in Doha and the whole plane obviously missed their connecting flights.

No additional drinks or food were served during the additional 7 hours we were delayed on the plane and the cabin staff's attitude was who gives a f@ck.

On arriving at Doha, we all trundled up to the Qatar desk and were told that as the delays were caused by the BA leg, we should wait for BA ground staff......needless to say after another 6 hours wait no sign of any BA staff, no offer of food or drinks and after much badgering and angry exchanges I finally got on a Emirates flight to Dubai, and then on to Hong Kong where to top it all off we discovered our baggage had been lost in transit.

I did contact BA customer service and got an automated apology and nothing more - would never use them again

Quote Originally Posted by AGxM:
    BA are shocking....long story short Christmas trip home with Qatar, return leg from London to Doha was BA. Due to fog in Doha, we circled for 3 hours and running low on fuel redirected to Bahrain. 3 hours on the tarmac there, we finally arrived in Doha and the whole plane obviously missed their connecting flights.

No additional drinks or food were served during the additional 7 hours we were delayed on the plane and the cabin staff's attitude was who gives a f@ck.

On arriving at Doha, we all trundled up to the Qatar desk and were told that as the delays were caused by the BA leg, we should wait for BA ground staff......needless to say after another 6 hours wait no sign of any BA staff, no offer of food or drinks and after much badgering and angry exchanges I finally got on a Emirates flight to Dubai, and then on to Hong Kong where to top it all off we discovered our baggage had been lost in transit.

I did contact BA customer service and got an automated apology and nothing more - would never use them again
    Sounds like Emirates and Qantas nowadays....
    Davepool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I've not tried the Lufthansa ones, so can't compare. I don't generally feel they are too narrow, though other airlines such as CX and definitely Emirates and Singapore Airlines have wider seats. The problem is more with the older planes, the seats don't always work that well - for example, sometimes they don't go fully flat.