Like Tree13Likes

British Airways' Problems

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

am used to the CX one. I flew on the new AA one last year which is the 'same' as the CX one, but felt a lot wider/longer (though food was not as good). Flew the new Finnair one on the A350 which was similar to cx (but felt narrower than CX) - though love the massive window in the toilet on the A350 :P the WIFI was a waste. came free with finnair biz class but was so slow would never pay for it. Virgin also good (esp with the free airport transfers).

Am trying the BA one in June - not holding my breathe as it seems a step back but was substantially cheaper than CX. could've flown VS but wanted to the one world miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scousebanana:
    I've not tried the Lufthansa ones, so can't compare. I don't generally feel they are too narrow, though other airlines such as CX and definitely Emirates and Singapore Airlines have wider seats. The problem is more with the older planes, the seats don't always work that well - for example, sometimes they don't go fully flat.
    I have only flown Lufthansa twice, and both times, found the lie down beds way too narrow. I am 5'4, weight about 50 kgs, but with these beds, one has to lie flat on their back. You can adjust the thickness of the bed ( not at all comfortable) - it 'blows up or flatter' depending on what you choose. I prefer flat. with Finnair, I can sleep on my stomach, same with Cathay. Emirates - only flown economy and their seat were uncomfortable. I was same height but only about 47 kgs then. Service on Emirates was indifferent, food they gave me made me so ill that I barely made it off the plane. It was an over night flight, so as usual, no alcohol on my part had been consumed. It has been years since I last flew Singapore Airlines, however as I recall, seats were comfortable ( did the trip twice from UK to Oz and back) and service was v good. If Royal Air Brunei is anything how it was 10 or or years ago, that would be my choice. Even economy is so comfortable ( flew with them back from UK to Oz once) . Forget no alcohol, food was good, service also great. Seats a good size.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    am used to the CX one. I flew on the new AA one last year which is the 'same' as the CX one, but felt a lot wider/longer (though food was not as good). Flew the new Finnair one on the A350 which was similar to cx (but felt narrower than CX) - though love the massive window in the toilet on the A350 :P the WIFI was a waste. came free with finnair biz class but was so slow would never pay for it. Virgin also good (esp with the free airport transfers).

Am trying the BA one in June - not holding my breathe as it seems a step back but was substantially cheaper than CX. could've flown VS but wanted to the one world miles.
    The AA cabins are very good. They feel exactly the same as the CX ones bar the colour scheme to me. I often used to choose the AA flights over the BA ones flying LHR to JFK as it was a code share - except that the AA flights depart and land at T3 at LHR which is a horrible terminal. AA food is pretty dismal and the cabin crew aren't exactly service oriented (though better on AA than other US carriers). For some reason, flying the return leg JFK to LHR I was often upgraded to First on BA (and never on any other route), although to be honest, the seats weren't that much better than the ones in the AA Biz cabin, though the service was very good.

Yep - it was the cleaning lady that disconnected the "computer".

A contractor doing maintenance work at a BA data centre is said to have inadvertently switched off the power supply, knocking out the airline’s computer systems, according to a report in The Times.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-reports-claim
    jmbf and misshappy26 like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Having worked with enterprise clients for 10+ years in another life, I'm simply shocked that their redundancies were never tested or not in place to deal with simple shit like power failures. I'm sure there is a little bit more to this story than what is revealed...

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    If they are anything like the ultra narrow ones in Lufthansa Biz class, then I think I'll need extra booze onboard to compensate ( knock me out!). Finnair are good, but we couldn't get return flights on this carrier.
    SAS business class - transit via Arlanda. Comfy private like sized bed seat with less frills but comes with an amenities pouch. I am a fan of SAS - and I am not Scandinavian. The only complaint I have is when you transit through Kastrup (Denmark) - losing bags is a norm , regardless of airline, and so is damaging luggage a norm. I only go through Arlanda (Sweden) now to transit to the rest of Europe.

Lufthansa sucks and they are more expensive than SAS. BA business class made me feel like I was in a coffin.
    Natfixit likes this.