Like Tree6Likes

Where's your favorite place in Canada?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I used to live in New England so have been to all of these places on the east coast. Most memorable for me was Bay of Fundy but I haven't been there in decades and am sure the area all built up by now. I am planning a trip to Montreal this summer with my son by Amtrak from NYC!

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Especially if you like golf, potatoes and Japanese tourists
    Forgot the lobsters, mussels, and oysters!

Regina, Winnipeg, Red Deer, Prince George, Edmonton and Saskatoon.

Fork and Spoon

I know of limited interest but the winners of the best place to visit in Canada were

1st - St. Andrews, New Brunswick
    2nd - Québec City, Quebec
    3rd - Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
    4th - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    5th - St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador

As a born-and-raised Canadian, from southern Ontario, I've been to most on the list...did uni in Toronto and lived there a few years; had a few visits to Montreal, Quebec City, Niagara Falls. "The Falls" is over-rated...sure, it's a big waterfall, but other than that, it's a lot of tacky tacky tourist junk.

Ottawa is nice for the museums and parliament buildings; everyone says it's boring to live in.

If you like scenery, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland on the East Coast; Rocky Mountains on the West. Been to Lunenburg, Peggy's Cove etc as a kid on summer holiday with parents.

Saskatoon? What's there? I spent a couple days in Regina, that was enough.

East_coast and shri like this.

Haven't travelled that much of Canada as some here but besides Toronto and Vancouver I have been twice to the Yukon (including a bit of Alaska and northern part of British Columbia)
    I must say one of the most beautiful places I have been. Whitehorse obviously is not worth it but the scenery and adventure of e.g. Kluane National Park is just amazing.
    If you like hiking in the real wild (no roads, no camps, no people) absolutely worth a visit.