Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Flights to Edinburgh, for 2 adults and 2 young children

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by TastyTrader
    just checked 46140HKD
    When do you want to fly? I just checked 2 adults, 2 kids, random dates in August and can see $27,000 all up flying Etihad or Qatar. Finnair are $31k.

You mean booking 3 months in advance. l got told if you book in advance it is cheaper, but whats the time frame, > 3 months?

You mean booking 3 months in advance. l got told if you book in advance it is cheaper, but whats the time frame, > 3 months?
    I've never found booking well in advance to be cheaper. In fact it's the other way round, when I search well in advance flights seem to be priced up, not down.

wow, thats a big saving, regrettably I just bought yesterday at 42.6K with BA.com. They were 48K two days ago. and KLM which was 40K were 47K yesterday. Same dates, 13July outflight and 14August return, big changes in price. flight times are the shortest ~16hours. what are dates you choose? as that will be a factor. kids 4&5

Four and five year olds aren't much of a problem on long haul flights I find. They are happy watching TV, drawing, playing games and falling asleep. Also open to outright bribery.

Between 12 and 30 months old is the biggest problem and their attention span isn't very long...

TastyTrader likes this.

bdw

wow, thats a big saving, regrettably I just bought yesterday at 42.6K with BA.com. They were 48K two days ago. and KLM which was 40K were 47K yesterday. Same dates, 13July outflight and 14August return, big changes in price. flight times are the shortest ~16hours. what are dates you choose? as that will be a factor. kids 4&5
    HKG to EDI, 13July to 14Aug, BA is around $42k as you already know and booked. But if you were looking for the cheapest one-stop flight on same airline (baggage check all the way) you could have booked Etihad or Lufthansa both under $32k. You are right they are a bit longer than 16 hours so I guess you paid the extra $10k for that convenience
    TastyTrader likes this.

can we still bring our laptops onboard BA? which airline restricts?

Etihad is a good option if the tickets are that cheap - and 10k is a significant amount of money. Yes, the flight is a bit longer, but not by that much.
    One thing to note though, Abu Dhabi airport is a bit of a dump so try to limit the connection time there.

I know people who refuse to fly them, but I've had excellent service on Aeroflot and they also tend to be quite cheap whenever I look. It also tends to be a shorter flight as Moscow is basically on the direct routing.

Another option that I always see as very cheap on Skyscanner is Jet Airways of India. I've heard nothing but bad things about them from colleagues who've flown them from the UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12