Like Tree33Likes

Cathay Introduces Upgrade Bids

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cathay Introduces Upgrade Bids

From an email I received today...

Starting today, customers who have purchased Premium Economy or Economy Class tickets1 on selected routes2 have the opportunity to upgrade to the next cabin class via Upgrade Bid.3

How it works
    If your flight and fare class are eligible to make an Upgrade Bid, and you have opted in to receive offers from Cathay Pacific, you will receive an email invitation seven days before the first sector of your booking. You can also check your flight’s eligibility by entering your booking reference number and family name on the Upgrade Bid welcome page.

To enter the auction, simply visit our Upgrade Bid page to place your starting bid. If your offer is accepted as the winning bid, you’ll receive an email notification confirming your upgrade 48 hours before the departure.
    https://upgrade.cathaypacific.com/offer/CathayPacific
    Topeka likes this.

While they're pushing "more cuisine choice", Bloomberg has an article which insists you should not eat on flights.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-jet-set-tips

Topeka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    While they're pushing "more cuisine choice", Bloomberg has an article which insists you should not eat on flights.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-jet-set-tips
    Wow, well that was a waste of 5 minutes of my time. That article was utter and complete bollocks.
    Mat, jayinhongkong, shri and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Wow, well that was a waste of 5 minutes of my time. That article was utter and complete bollocks.
    you just saved my 5 minutes
    Morrison, jmbf, greenmark and 4 others like this.

I'm not a CX frequent flyer, but if you are one, does this really drastically improve your upgrade chances?

The cabin crew’s secret to avoiding jet lag.

I eat nothing on flights. I’ve talked to a lot of stewardesses about it, and it’s a stewardess secret. Ten years ago, it was [a cabin crew member] on Singapore Airlines on what was, at the time, the longest flight in the world (17 hours from Singapore to New York). She told me that her tried-and-true trick was not eating in-flight. Basically, at superhigh altitude, your digestive system shuts down completely. Someone said to me it’s like being under anesthesia. So when you get off the plane, everything restarts and [your digestive system] has so much more work to do and so it makes you more tired.

What was ridiculous, and I wonder if the underlying cause for that advice was rooted in some kind of eating disorder.

When altimeter watches were a new thing, I used to play with one of flights. Cabin pressure generally simulated about 2000m, hardly "high altitude", and people keep eating in ski resorts. Nor is it like mountain climbers stop eating during their peak ascents way past 2000m.
    shri, Windmill65, biffski and 2 others like this.

Budget airlines such as Scoot have had this for years. When I flew with them they had something called "Bid for Biz" and basically one week before your flight they send you an email and there is a sliding scale little game you can play and submit a bid for a business seat. I'm a cheap bastard and used to bid like $5 or something and then one day before the flight got another email saying that my bid was unsuccessful.

Morrison, Topeka, Andy SNK and 1 others like this.

well...will be good to see what flights are available. none of my next flights in sept to the US are on there.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    The cabin crew’s secret to avoiding jet lag.

I eat nothing on flights. I’ve talked to a lot of stewardesses about it, and it’s a stewardess secret. Ten years ago, it was [a cabin crew member] on Singapore Airlines on what was, at the time, the longest flight in the world (17 hours from Singapore to New York). She told me that her tried-and-true trick was not eating in-flight. Basically, at superhigh altitude, your digestive system shuts down completely. Someone said to me it’s like being under anesthesia. So when you get off the plane, everything restarts and [your digestive system] has so much more work to do and so it makes you more tired.

What was ridiculous, and I wonder if the underlying cause for that advice was rooted in some kind of eating disorder.

When altimeter watches were a new thing, I used to play with one of flights. Cabin pressure generally simulated about 2000m, hardly "high altitude", and people keep eating in ski resorts. Nor is it like mountain climbers stop eating during their peak ascents way past 2000m.
    Aren't there no real way to avoid jet lag? You can try to minimize its symptoms, but you cannot prevent it completely.

I just avoid drinking alcohol inflight, that seems to help for me.

Checked availability to upgrafe a Save fare to Taipei,

No dice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast