Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By huja
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 3 Post By huja

lost luggage

Closed Thread

lost luggage

the airline lost my bag on the way to germany recently. the airline on multiple occasions claimed my bag has been found and will be delivered shortly. i returned back hong kong after a week. bag was then finally delivered after 3 weeks. what kind of compensation can i get out of the airline?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    the airline lost my bag on the way to germany recently. the airline on multiple occasions claimed my bag has been found and will be delivered shortly. i returned back hong kong after a week. bag was then finally delivered after 3 weeks. what kind of compensation can i get out of the airline?
    Did you buy the travel insurance and which airline? These two will affect your compensation. Did you need to buy any clothing or other items while abroad and do you have the receipts. Likely this will be the basis of your claim plus whatever travel insurance offers.
    JNong_HK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Sorry this happened to you. It happened to me many moons ago when I was a young pup newly introduced into the business world. I would think you need to find out if your lost luggage would fall under EU or HKG consumer protection laws. I would venture a guess that you'd make out better under EU rules vs. HKG rules.

Air passenger rights - Your Europe
    dumbdonkey likes this.

@dumbdonkey

How did your situation sort out?

Airline gave me €50 for "goodwill". Obviously they know I can't get much out of them easily.

When i was very young an airline once lost a suitcase of mine.
    They asked me what was inside so they know how much to refund me.
    Best day of my life as a poor student!

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    When i was very young an airline once lost a suitcase of mine.
    They asked me what was inside so they know how much to refund me.
    Best day of my life as a poor student!
    -Gold bullion
    -Hope diamond
    -Patek Philippe Calatrava
    -Blue neck tie
    -Two pairs of socks