Like Tree11Likes

Travelling from Hong Kong to Guangzhou - need help

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

thank you so much guys..

I think I will just settle for the 210HKD direct train from Hung Hom... does anyone know if I buy online - do I need to go somewhere to collect tickets before hand or can we just show the online ticket purchase confirmation?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    There is an agent near Lowe who sell tickets for just RMB 5 surcharge
    Tickets for what? For the normal SZ-GZ train or for the High Speed one from SZ North Station?

Buying tickets in SZ North is a nightmare, but for the normal SZ-GZ train it seldom takes longer than 5 Minutes. The time between you have the tickets and you are on the train is usually 10-20 Minutes.

@john.doe1985
    It should be mention here:

https://www.it3.mtr.com.hk/b2c/frmFa...sp?strLang=Eng

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Buying tickets in SZ North is a nightmare
    I would suggest buying tickets at many High speed train stations is a complete nightmare....
    flameproof likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I would suggest buying tickets at many High speed train stations is a complete nightmare....
    Smaller stations are OK, there are usually no long lines. From Xiamen back to SZ was no problem.

I saw some people with a QR code ticket on their phones. That would be a HUGE advantage. Not sure that was real or just some sort of confirmation.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    thank you so much guys..

I think I will just settle for the 210HKD direct train from Hung Hom... does anyone know if I buy online - do I need to go somewhere to collect tickets before hand or can we just show the online ticket purchase confirmation?
    You can pickup the tickets at hunghom station. Or you can buy the tickets at any cts shop. Buying GUANGZHOU to Hong Kong tickets in Hong Kong is cheaper than buying in Guangzhou.

Depends on where you live and where you are going, coaches are almost always better.

I take the train from Hung Hom - less headache but $$$

I travel to GZ nearly every week because we have an office there. As many have mentioned the easiest but most expensive way is to take the direct through train from Hung Hom. But on the way back to HK I usually take the coach the one where you go through Shenzhen Bay. I get on the bus either from the Garden Hotel or China Hotel and 3 hours later I am in Mongkok or Wanchai. And the journey is only 100 RMB. Immigration is pretty fast at least faster than via Lo Wu. I have never taken it from HK to GZ but it should be pretty much the same.

any ticket

Quote Originally Posted by john.doe1985:
    thank you so much guys..

You can buy tickets online here:

http://www.it3.mtr.com.hk/B2C/frmSch...sp?strLang=Eng

Pick them up at the ticket booth in Hung Hom just next to the entrance to the departure area.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    I travel to GZ nearly every week because we have an office there. As many have mentioned the easiest but most expensive way is to take the direct through train from Hung Hom. But on the way back to HK I usually take the coach the one where you go through Shenzhen Bay. I get on the bus either from the Garden Hotel or China Hotel and 3 hours later I am in Mongkok or Wanchai. And the journey is only 100 RMB. Immigration is pretty fast at least faster than via Lo Wu. I have never taken it from HK to GZ but it should be pretty much the same.
    Coach is great - except when there is traffic

I prefer the coach, its cheaper and less hassle but if you time it wrong and end up in traffic, 3 hours easily turns into 4 hours. I've been on it for 4.5 before and that was not fun.
    jonastainine likes this.