Like Tree8Likes

Anyone born in HK holding British passport had trouble applying China visa because "Country of Birth" says HKG on passport?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

https://www.chinahighlights.com/trav...ina-cities.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cremosa:
    I went to apply for my China visa last week for the first time, and lady in the counter says because where it says Country of Birth it's Hong Kong HKG (and not Hong Kong China) they will not issue me entry more than "Once" each time.

And after further questioning, the officer just bluntly says ask your passport issuing coutry to change it back to Hong Kong China.

Has anyone or anyone you know experienced this?
    It's not usual to get a multiple entry visa for China on the first application, they will usually only grant this for subsequent ones.

The reasons this happens id because the Chinese Communist Party are a set of cunts.

That said, the British Home Office is almost more obnoxious in its treatment of Non-EU citizens or Brits with non-EU/Brit spouse/partners.EU

TheBrit likes this.

I think if you apply for a China Visa in the UK in a British Citizen passport; they are now all granting 2 year multi entry (whether or not you have ever had China visa at all before).

Presumably in HK the system is still to grant a single / double and then a multi-entry visa later on (1 or 3 years depending upon whether HKPR).

Presumably you not of (full or some) Chinese blood to be a Chinese Citizen of the HKSAR through birth in Hong Kong?

Sh*t, I have still got BNO passport. I am dead meat!

So finally went today to pickup, they granted me a double entry. Next time I'll definitely try my luck for a 6 months multiple as someone said here, every person in the counter sets their own rule lol true that!!

But my next passport renewal, I WILL try and find out how I can raise the issue about place of birth.

Pretty sure China passports only show the city of birth too.