Like Tree14Likes

Asiamiles waitlist for departure and return dates

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    I'm so jealous
    Don't be jealous yet. Next stop, China Visa office.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Don't be jealous yet. Next stop, China Visa office.
    Sounds so exotic and adventurous.

Thankfully I don't need to step foot in that office again for about 8 years.

You are flying to Bangkok? I've redeemed flights to Bangkok 3 times this year alone and got it without any problems (not even a waitlist). If you go for the busy flights (early evening) then you should expect them to be ....... busy.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Long haul business or first -- usually full

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    PS. This whole Asia Miles thing seems like BS to me - I have been accumulating them for a year and got barely enough for a flight to Thailand. Now I'm told I have to wait to see if I can actually get it. Total bullshit. Probably makes sense only for people who fly a lot on business anyway...
    I fly maybe once a year on revenue fares on CX, but several times on miles. Not even Green MPC. Waitlists usually clear - we're flying home to Europe business over Christmas. Was all on waitlist first, but cleared after a while. Of course, if you now want to book a specific flight over Christmas - good luck. But what do you expect - it's not as if this is different from revenue fares either. If you want to get exactly one flight on short notice, you need to pay for the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Sounds about right
    I never bothered with redeeming it for flights, I always redeemed them for goods instead
    of all the pieces of bad advise you're given over the years....
    TheBrit and HK_Katherine like this.

I am on green MPC, I successfully redeemed Premium Economy for 2 adults and 2 kids, one month in advance. Travelling from HK to Tokyo mid week, returning mid week.

I've only redeemed flights using Asiamiles once which was to Shanghai a few years ago. Recently its been harder to get flights and so i feel less inclination to keep using CX to collect them.

For whatever miles i do have, i would rather claim goods or something instead. I think a few months ago, you could get a Dining Concepts vouchers, which is more use to me than a flight to the wrong destination on the wrong date.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I got 4 tickets to Kunming for Christmas.
    Why? Its horrible in Summer - I'm sure it will be crap in winter
    Are you off to Dali or Lijiang from there? Isnt it too cold for those locations ?

I might follow your footsteps if you can convince me that its not too cold and a worthwhile trip....

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I might follow your footsteps if you can convince me that its not too cold and a worthwhile trip....
    Lots of single malt will warm you up from inside

Why? Its horrible in Summer - I'm sure it will be crap in winter
    I liked Kunming when I was there in .... 2005.

Are you off to Dali or Lijiang from there?
    Yes, by train.

Isnt it too cold for those locations ?
    That depends on you. Average high is 14-15 C and it's dry season. Good for hiking. I think Zhongdian can get cold though. Not sure whether I will head there though or just as far as Tiger Leaping Gorge.

Definitely worthwhile. Have you been there before?
    gigglinggal likes this.