Staying in Lamma tonight, last-minute

Closed Thread

Staying in Lamma tonight, last-minute

I've got a mate in Taiwan - he's a Brit, been living there and doing visa runs to HK and China for years, frankly a bit of a drunken bum. He's passing through HK tonight, and has got it into his head to stay on Lamma, which is something I've never done in all my time in HK...

So if he just turns up there tonight, quite possibly on the last ferry, anyone know what his chances are of getting a bed for the night? I know there are a few guesthouses, little hotels, but I've got no idea if they'd even be open this time of year - or if they might be full.

This is not yet Christmas or SPring Holiday...so if he is drunk and has money I am sure there is some place that will have him, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I've got a mate in Taiwan - he's a Brit, been living there and doing visa runs to HK and China for years, frankly a bit of a drunken bum. He's passing through HK tonight, and has got it into his head to stay on Lamma, which is something I've never done in all my time in HK...

So if he just turns up there tonight, quite possibly on the last ferry, anyone know what his chances are of getting a bed for the night? I know there are a few guesthouses, little hotels, but I've got no idea if they'd even be open this time of year - or if they might be full.
    It will not be a problem even if on the last ferry, there will be a couple of places he can stay in. There is one right next to the ferry, called Wan wah hotel or something and then there is Bali Resort. I am sure both of these have free rooms tonight. He will just have to go and knock on the door(in the case of the first hotel it would be the owners living room door) and Bali resort have a proper reception.

Thanks for the comments, people - the end of the story is he managed to sleep so long on Sunday afternoon that he actually missed his flight, he had to fly yesterday because it was the last day of his latest tourist visa, I met him in Central last night and we had beer and fish'n'chips, and I put him on the Star Ferry so he could find one of his usual Nathan Road hostels to sleep in... We did walk past the Lamma pier, but he decided to put off visiting for now