Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By flameproof

China border news: fingerprint scanning has arrived.

Closed Thread

China border news: fingerprint scanning has arrived.

I saw the fingerprint scanners already a few weeks ago in Lowu, and now they are finally put into action.

Of course people line up as usual, and when they arrive top position they are told to go to a corner to scan their fingers (all). The scanning is then quite fast, and you start again at the end of the line. This time when in top position you need to scan both thumbs.

I guess this is now introduced at all borders.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I saw the fingerprint scanners already a few weeks ago in Lowu, and now they are finally put into action.

Of course people line up as usual, and when they arrive top position they are told to go to a corner to scan their fingers (all). The scanning is then quite fast, and you start again at the end of the line. This time when in top position you need to scan both thumbs.

I guess this is now introduced at all borders.
    Hopefully the process will become automatic and no need to get a passport stamp

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Hopefully the process will become automatic and no need to get a passport stamp
    Hahaha, you have a great sense of humor.
    Morrison likes this.

I got my fingers scanned when I arrived in Nansha over a month ago, the Immigration guy said its a one time thing.

I went to Shanghai on sunday night and landed in Hongqiao airport, I didnt see any finger scanners.

So, I got caught up with this whole finger print scanning thing a few weeks ago. Did it. If I enter the border again, will I need to go to the self-service scanners again or can I just queue like normal? The self-service scanners weren't working very well, and my print is hard to read apparently and it didn't work at all for me. Was all very frustrating, hate to do it again.