Like Tree5Likes

HK passport baby photos

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Damnit, fotomax say that they don't touch up photos. Going to have to try taking photos again of babies.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Damnit, fotomax say that they don't touch up photos. Going to have to try taking photos again of babies.
    That is to entirely be expected! Fotomax is cheap and cheerful, they are not going to have licensed copies of Photoshop and people who know how to use it staffing their counters.

If you wanted it touched up, maybe a place like Colour Six would do it (but be expensive) or use Fivver to farm out a simple Photoshop job.

The previous advice is the best though- plunk each kid down onto a white sheet, get lots of lighting going (windows, ceiling lights, lamps) and wait until their eyes are open. Stand directly over them with a camera, have someone hold an new and interesting squaky toy over your shoulder as your are shooting.

This might sound a bit complex to set up, but with digital cameras and instant feedback, it's not really that hard. Just a bunch of trial and error. If you have a friend nearby who is interested in photography, he should be able to sort it out easily.
    pin likes this.

Go to the smaller mum and pop places. They will do it

There is a small place in Central, 1st floor of the central market (the bit going from Hang Seng to the escalators). They can do some photoshopping.

Williams in Princes’s building do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Williams in Princes’s building do it.
    Went there as well, won't touch up photos either.

Went there as well, won't touch up photos either.
    Strange they did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Strange they did it for me.
    They flat out refused when I went there, had usb stick and everything.

Definitely don't get them at Williams I saw someone mention here. HK$540 for two sets of twelve digital photos and a CD. At Fotomax it's HK$240 (16 x 2 + CD). For digital photos on a white background, cropped to size, $540 is seriously taking the p***.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    There is a small place in Central, 1st floor of the central market (the bit going from Hang Seng to the escalators). They can do some photoshopping.
    I got my passport photo done here 20 yrs ago. She offered to photoshop my dark circles and spots. Was an amazing photo! Ordered 2 dozen and used them everywhere!