Like Tree9Likes

First holiday - With Babies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    You had twins! Congrats.

(Or mistresses like the other thread.)

Can't recommend anywhere as I haven't yet figured out a comfortable holiday for two adults!

Places being recommended are very expensive, like Intercontinental in Danang is $5,000/night. Am I mistaken?
    Depends on when you go but I've seen the Intercontinental in Danang go for around 2k, the Shangri La in KK that I recommended is around 1.5k

Yeah it depends on timing. If I remember correctly we paid something around 3.5k and this was with the Easter weekend.

Pretty much anywhere is fine. In all honesty, we kind of wished we'd stayed at home when we went travelling with newborn daughter though. Saying that we all got sick with high fevers which didn't help haha.

Last edited by justjoe86; 12-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Newborn babies are known to struggle with the scuba gear
    Mat likes this.

Phuket is an easy flight and Marriott a short distance from airport. Yo can also get 2 bedroom villa's with kitchen.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    Phuket is an easy flight and Marriott a short distance from airport. Yo can also get 2 bedroom villa's with kitchen.
    Not sure if Alamanda (sp?) still has them - but you can opt for a resort with apartment like hotel rooms - includes kitchenette + living room + bedroom.

If that's in the Laguna cluster of resorts, I would point out that the area has gone heavily Russian in recent years.

Not too bad in my opinion, but I did notice a lot more loud and bad Euro music (yes, this is a tautology) playing at various bars in the area.

No Marriott is north of the airport. Not Laguna.
    There is the JW and Mai Kao Beach Club for Marriott.
    Shri, your thinking of is Anatara I think. Its in between the 2 Marriott properties.
    About 5 years ago the JW did get quite Russian, but for the past 2 years have not been many. At least when we go. The resort is very quite and has a lot of space.

I was reply to Shri, who I believe was suggesting the Allamanda. They are like mini apartments rather than standard rooms. It's the least costly of the resorts in the Laguna area.

rani likes this.