Like Tree9Likes

First holiday - With Babies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First holiday - With Babies

With babies.

Where do you guys suggest as a first run?

I am thinking the following criteria:

- Within 3 hours flight
    - Beach resort (which is baby friendly)
    - Easy transfer from airport

We are thinking of taking the helper (yes I know I know, but dealing with 2 new borns esp for first time flying).

Any suggestions from previous experiences?

I am considering Cebu or KK.

Another option would also be Hoi An.

Any specific resorts?

Open for other suggestions / advice / thoughts.

Agree with The Brit. Our first flight with a baby was to Da Nang. Loved it! We stayed at The Intercontinental which was amazing.

Do it like all the locals and leave the babies at home with the maid, how else would it be a holiday?

Last edited by mrgoodkat; 12-03-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

With two newborns, id be more inclined to do a staycation in HK, Macau or Southern China. Cut out the hassle of the airports and flights.

shri likes this.

First flight (below 6m old) was to Europe so maybe not what I would recommend (Although frankly was very easy). but second one and we had a great time was Japan (Osaka - Kyoto - Nara). Super easy with a newborn. (no beach tho).
    I rekon pretty much anywhere is OK as long as you are OK (ie don't freak out every two minutes)

Our general rule with babies was always somewhere near a hospital. Other than that any place is fine. Given your choices I prefer Hoi An.

I did KK with my kid. Recommend the Shangri La, which is about 20 mins from the Airport and a short taxi ride to the town. Small private beach, private pier to the islands and good kids facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    With two newborns, id be more inclined to do a staycation in HK, Macau or Southern China. Cut out the hassle of the airports and flights.
    Newborns are really easy to manage on planes, compared to toddlers.
    TheBrit, hullexile, Stu79 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    With babies.
    You had twins! Congrats.

(Or mistresses like the other thread.)

Can't recommend anywhere as I haven't yet figured out a comfortable holiday for two adults!

Places being recommended are very expensive, like Intercontinental in Danang is $5,000/night. Am I mistaken?

Thailand - Koh Samui. Not really transport friendly with kids, have to haggle with drivers or hire bikes which is kind of risky with newborns.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast