Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree43Likes

Where is your favorite Sunset?

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I need to get a pair of new eyes then... none of the sunsets, including Cyberport / Pok Fu Lam have ever look so good.
    Fiona's ones? The basic colours look about right for HK sunsets- you get some good ones if you're on an outlying islands ferry at the right time. The real ones will have a lot more subtle lighting to them which is not captured on a screen, i.e. they look better in real life.
    Fiona in HKG, Skyhook and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    I always find the opposite, at least when I'm back in France. The photos never seem to capture the 'wow' moment I get standing there looking at it.

Our house was designed and aligned so that sunrise and sunset travel through the middle of the house, with perfect alignment at the height of summer. If i get up early enough it really is spectacular, that kind of 'fuck yeah' at-peace feeling, which is exactly why the guy who commissioned the house 100 years ago built it there and obsessed over getting it positioned for 2 years.

This is sunrise coming through the house :

Same here, if I get up early enough, I love the sunlight that streams through our kitchen windows in the mornings.. So bright, with a pleasant golden hue ( magic light ) making you feel pretty good about the day ahead while drinking a fresh coffee on the rear deck.

I've had to get a pair of decent sunglasses since I moved back, the sun here is on a spectrum of brightness that my eyes just have not been accustomed to since living in Asia, even sunburn was avoided, thanks to UV blocking air pollution. Although, my skin has nicely bronzed up again, which never really happened in HK. due to lower UV and probably because we spend a LOT more daylight hours outdoors now, I suspect.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 13-06-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Anywhere that I'm still alive at the end of the day and can watch the sun go down

I found that sunsets when walking the 'cradle of mankind', the grassland plains of South Africa always seemed dramatic to me.

Skyhook and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Same here, if I get up early enough, I love the sunlight that streams through our kitchen windows in the mornings.. So bright, with a pleasant golden hue ( magic light ) making you feel pretty good about the day ahead while drinking a fresh coffee on the rear deck.
    Yep, those Stonehenge dudes really were on to something with the whole sunrise / sunset thing.
    Skyhook likes this.

At the bottom of my garden in France

Or even better, sat, drinking wine and listening to music on a summer's evening, watching the sun go down through the front door.

I'll be right over. I'll bring a bottle of above-average single malt.

At the bottom of my garden in France

Or even better, sat, drinking wine and listening to music on a summer's evening, watching the sun go down through the front door.

Haha it was already turning into a bit of a showoffy thread but managing to get the interior of your house into a sunset thread is impressive work

I liked the sunsets on Lamma Island when I lived there. But have to say some of the photos in this thread are much better

BCD

I have to second Pokfulam sunsets

Santorini and second the sunset over Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3