Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By pin
  • 3 Post By jgl

Airsim

Closed Thread

Airsim

Don't know if this has been mentioned before here.

Seems to be a dedicated travel sim card. Rates seem decent. Obviously picking up a sim card at destination will be cheaper, but this has convenience factor, esp for weekend hops. Haven't done detailed look at pricing, but thought it might be another option to consider.

https://www.airsim.com.hk/

I only realised recently that my network provider (Three) has been sending me messages every time I travel, to activate international data roaming for either 100 or 200 for 7 or 14 days. With quite generous data allowances. Activation is by a dial code, so it's instant. It's slightly more expensive than buying a dedicated travel SIM, but completely bypasses the PIA factor of making a trip out to buy a SIM then faffing about with a paperclip to get it installed.

I'm travelling with kids these days. I want travel to be as un-fiddly as possible.

Looks good! Even cheaper than the Birdie sim I use now (except Birdie gives out a lot of free days, and no need to change SIM cards)

I'm a complete ignoramus about SIM cards but every other stall in Apliu Street is selling SIM cards at WAAAY below the list price.
    I bought a 20GB card for use here in HK only and inserted in on an old Iphone and it's perfect for downloading Podcasts. It cost about $120 and is good for one year.
    Now can anyone advise me about buying similar for use on a trip to UK? They seem to be selling for just about every country/countries you can think of!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I only realised recently that my network provider (Three) has been sending me messages every time I travel, to activate international data roaming for either 100 or 200 for 7 or 14 days. With quite generous data allowances. Activation is by a dial code, so it's instant. It's slightly more expensive than buying a dedicated travel SIM, but completely bypasses the PIA factor of making a trip out to buy a SIM then faffing about with a paperclip to get it installed.I'm travelling with kids these days. I want travel to be as un-fiddly as possible.
    I use that too - works perfectly.

Original Post Deleted
    Lousy reviews though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Lousy reviews though.
    Yes, but as I read it, there are a number of one star reviews due to a poor app upgrade. Hopefully they can fix that.

Only one rate for all of Asia - China, HK, Japan, Thailand, ...
    Looks interesting.

300 MB $10 1 Day
    500 MB $15 15 Days
    1 GB $20 15 Days
    2 GB $30 15 Days
    5 GB $50 30 Days