Like Tree51Likes

Chinese airlines changing the international travel market

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by keieich:
    Very true. When you are stuck inside a very cramped tube with hundreds of people for hours on end the quality of these passengers does matter. Imagine how you feel when you hear all the loud conversation, coughing, spitting, and have your seat back "tampered with" all the time. The land these people are from started a "spiritual civilisation" campaign about 10 years back hoping to 'civilise' them. It came to nothing. I can't imagine how I would want to fly with such passengers.
    It's the use of the toilets that bothers me.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    It's the use of the toilets that bothers me.
    LOLOL. I flew First Class on Air India about 25 years ago. A flight I shall never forget and an airline experience never to be repeated. And it was indeed the toilets that were the worst bit! EVEN IN FIRST CLASS!
    Elegiaque likes this.

I've definitely made a note at some point: one reason I don't like living in Hong Kong is all the flights coming and going to home will be crowded with people who don't use a Western/airplane toilet the way I think it should. :/

We were once unexpectedly upgraded to first class with Air India. Meh. Not as exciting as it sounds!

It's good when it fits. Rather then going to Beijing for a trip I can go to Seoul via Beijing basically for the same price and can see two places in one go. To Europe I wouldn't go via China if I can avoid it.

Same here, I try to avoid flying via china. Hell, if I can choose I wouldn't want to fly with plane full of (hk) locals either

MerMer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    Same here, I try to avoid flying via china. Hell, if I can choose I wouldn't want to fly with plane full of (hk) locals either
    Neither would I. The difference between a HK local and a not so HK "local" (from somewhere further north) these days is negligible.
    MerMer likes this.

Hmm... No one mentioned the biggest detractor about flying via China is the transit itself. Just flew via Shanghai and you have to pick up your bags and are forced to lineup, get the 144hr transit visa, and give them all your fingerprints. Then you have to check in again, clear customs, and security again.

Luckily a woman was there waiting for me and helped me find my way, otherwise I might have missed my connection.

I've had no notable issues with the passengers, everyone irritates me in planes regardless of origins...

Happy Guy and bdw like this.

I virtually always fly Air China to North America via Beijing. It's significantly cheaper and they don't have stupid rules about bikes like North American Airlines. I have found the service excellent and this year they had very nice Boeing 787 with all the bells and whistle. In any case, I personally think that even 24 hours of minor discomfort in a plush seat with food and entertainment is far from the torture that some make it to be. I guess that's what privilege does to people, it makes them soft and whiny.

Morrison likes this.

I am a frequent flyer often domestically in and out of Guangzhou. I have never experienced unruly Mainlander behaviour people often refer to. I compare the Chinese more favourably then the Americans when I had to fly United. HongKers on the other hand just speak very loudly when they think they are entitled to something.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast