Like Tree51Likes

Chinese airlines changing the international travel market

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Thats a hard choice. Both can be very painful.

US airlines are eh-ok when flying direct. Can be very painful with connecting.
    Domestic connections in the US are problematic because there's always bad weather somewhere in the country that filters through to the major hubs causing delays and cancellations. I personally avoid American carriers wherever possible because their in-flight service is bad. But I'm not entirely sure the problems with domestic connections are entirely their fault.

One thing that drives me insane about flying on a plane full of mainlanders - if you have a seat in the middle bulkhead, everyone will attempt to cut across the plane in front of you to go chat to their friends in the tour group sat on the other side. I have experienced someone trample my foot while I was sleeping multiple times. Now I just put my leg up across the way to block and if they try to pass I say NO.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    Mainlanders spit a lot, but I rarely see people in airports, even airports in third tiered cities, spit. Please make it more believable if you want to fabricate something.
    I don't need to make anything up. Stockholm has rather a nice airport, nice Scandinavian design. Quiet and calm, until the sound of hacking and spitting echoed through the non-Schengen terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    You can just say hipsters. I know you identify with them. They're not the definition of normal. It's like saying North America will get rid of redneck culture. Ain't gonna happen sweetheart.

Attachment 75951
    There are hopefully a lot fewer than the 1950s and so hopefully will the uncouth Chinese traveller in a few years
    Last edited by East_coast; 21-08-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    China is more strict in airport security.
    In what way?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6