Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Purchasing Airline miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tcresident011
    4 return business ticketsto middle east on a One World Alliance Airline was HKD 147,000 . With the miles i had to redeem 93000 miles person. I paid about HKD 60,000 for the miles 430,000 miles + taxes of about 4-5 thousand HKD.
    were these direct flights or with stops? peak season or low season? did you redeem 4x business tickets or did you purchase economy and then upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    were these direct flights or with stops? peak season or low season? did you redeem 4x business tickets or did you purchase economy and then upgrade?
    this is the only airline that flys direct...rated as the best business class...flying in last week of November..redeemed 4x business tickets..

Lol.

1. Those miles (US 1.7 - 2c or whatever) are expensive.
    2. Miles are liable to be confiscated by AM (or whatever program) with zero recourse to you.

There are much better ways (and in line with the T&C) to go about this.

I will mention 2 things. Lifemiles and Alaska Airlines. But discussing this topic is not really the subject of this forum.

Any way to get Lufthansa miles?

Quote Originally Posted by ermen
    2. Miles are liable to be confiscated by AM (or whatever program) with zero recourse to you.
    I've used services that sold discounted F tickets with miles quite a lot, never had any issues.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 14-09-2018 at 04:45 PM.

All good as long as you can be flexible with travel dates (to find award availability) and can take the risk of having the airline confiscate them for violating the program terms...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2