Like Tree10Likes

India Entry Requirements

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

India Entry Requirements

Hi Everyone,

I'm a US national and would like to visit India for holidays. I've already attained a evisa, but could not find clearly if a medical certificate of any type would be needed

I'll be flying in from HK and only staying a week

Could anyone help with some info based on experience/knowledge?

Thank in advance

As far as I am aware you do not need any sort of medical certificate to enter as a tourist.

(Travelled to India last year with the kid on a visa / UK passport - similarish situation as you)

There is now an e-visa? That's a useful improvement. Last time I went I spent hours in the consulate.....and watched numerous people being turned back for minor problems with their forms/photos etc.

R

What is e-visa for India? You fill out form online and then waste 3 hours at BLS in Wanchai with the forms like we do now? Or is it a proper e-visa where you submit everything electronically like for Vietnam for example.

It's a proper evisa and you don't need to line up and pay when you get there like the one in Vietnam. Not cheap at 80US but you receive it quickly and just present it at the required counter when in India. It does take a little while to fill out the form online. No medical requirements at entry, it was pretty quick and painless when I went.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

That’s great news. BLS can’t seem to handle the volume. I queued literally all day a few weeks ago. Got my number in the morning, waited a few hours, left to run a few errands, came back, the queue hardly moved. Left again for a long lunch and then thought what the hell this time I’ll go to Pakistan. Went to the Pak consulate, got the forms got answers about supporting docs and the back to BLS by 3:30pm and they only called like 3 visa numbers the entire time. Seems India does not want visitors.

I've been using the evisa for India for at least 5 years now. Quick, easy and painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    I've been using the evisa for India for at least 5 years now. Quick, easy and painless.
    That's quite amazing since the scheme was only launched 4 years ago for 43 countries, and 3 years ago for 113 countries
    HK_Katherine likes this.

I first got it in 2014 and now its 2019. 2019 - 2014 = 5 in my book.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast