best time to book flights for end of July from London to HK?

best time to book flights for end of July from London to HK?

as above really.

looking for direct economy and cheapest with 23kg baggage limit.

Going to be a tough one, as schools are out at that time and there is a fair bit of back and forth between HK and the UK.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

If you use booking sites such as Skyscanner or Kayak, you can get alerts when prices go up or down and some sites will tell you whether the fares are likely to go up or down and which days or dates are potentially cheaper. It is a fairly busy time so fares are likely to be higher then. In my experience, the latest you should book would probably be about 2-3 months before you fly. I'd look for specials now until maybe March or so to get a feel and then book. If price is an issue then you're likely to get a better price flying with a stopover. I would check Emirates and Qatar as they are nice airlines with generous baggage allowance and competitive fares.

Now.

Just evade the so-called "cheap" flights on Aeroflot, there's loooong "layovers" for the weary traveller.

AND they have a propensity to not get your luggage AND you re-united at the final destination !!

My brother took something like 5 or 6 days to be re-united with his after a flight:
    HK to Moscow to Paris !

As I recall his return flight on Aeroflop was beset by similar problems.

He won't ever use them again just to save a few hundred Dollars or so he swore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia
    Just evade the so-called "cheap" flights on Aeroflot, there's loooong "layovers" for the weary traveller.

AND they have a propensity to not get your luggage AND you re-united at the final destination !!

My brother took something like 5 or 6 days to be re-united with his after a flight:
    HK to Moscow to Paris !

As I recall his return flight on Aeroflop was beset by similar problems.

He won't ever use them again just to save a few hundred Dollars or so he swore!!!

I'm an Aeroflot frequent flyer and it's one of my favourite airlines because it's timing is the best, short layovers to northern Europe, and it's the cheapest, also very easy to get status using cheap tickets.

I flew 3 round trips last year on Aeroflot (2 trips without luggage, 1 with luggage), none of them had any major issues, and I got SkyTeam elite.

Qatar's sale is now on.

Cathay's Vantage Pass sale starts today if you are interested in Premium Cabins.

Take care booking that far in advance with Hong Kong Airlines, who knows if they will still exist! Make sure you use a credit card which gives you protection in the case of bankruptcy.

If cost is the main objective, indirect flights are almost always a heap cheaper. Just look at the connection times (and times of day, for whether you get a decent sleep etc).