Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Canada: can you get money with HSBC ATM?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    Perhaps frosty relations then.
    Could be... I spend many a months over the past 10 years in Alberta... and ofcourse always in the wintertime. So frosty is an understatement ... regular deepfreeze is more like it. Maybe the chip on the card was frozen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm

Could be... I spend many a months over the past 10 years in Alberta... and ofcourse always in the wintertime. So frosty is an understatement ... regular deepfreeze is more like it. Maybe the chip on the card was frozen too.
    Good one. Polar vortex.

But I meant frosty relations between Canada and China (Unionpay).

Quote Originally Posted by answerer
    Asking the HSBC HK Call Centre agent about HSBC Canada ATMs is probably less reliable than people on Geoexpat who have actually tried the ATMs.

It doesn't seem like HSBC shows up in the UnionPay ATM locator for Vancouver: ATM查询

Sure, sure, trust people you don't know who may have all kinds of personal card issues over the official channel...Makes total sense. Several people including myself have had no issues and a couple of others claim to have issues. The logical solution remains to ask the bank. If you look at the Union Pay website, you also see 15 pages of options so you'd have to be pretty daft to be stranded without money. There are thousand of HK Chinese in Vancouver so it's not like asking them if they know what the situation will be in Ouagadougou.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4