Like Tree5Likes

Flight comparison websites dont always show cheapest price

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

However that article = read the final line - due to different airlines and flight times. Duh. Of course different airlines charge different amounts! I find it more interesting when you get vastly different quotes for the SAME airline and the SAME flight. Which is not unusually. I too always check the airline website as well as any comparison side. Use the comparison site to get a feel for what is available and then go to my choice of website for the actual booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16
    It pays to check both airlines and these other sites as I do if I'm paying it myself versus a client.

I used C-Trip pretty much for 8 years in Hong Kong (up to 2015) for flights there but always checked these other compare sights and airlines directly.

All countries are doing what HK is doing - checking the veracity of these claims about cheap flights and of course the hotel sites are doing the same things.

A last minute flight (had to fly the next day) and hotel to be reimbursed by the Gov of Canada had to be booked via Expedia for cost reasons as the airlines were all high cost worked great for me. I got a good deal for both and as it was a holiday weekend on a snowy Friday with flight delays back, I was getting Expedia texts on changes faster than the airline was able to let us know at the gate.
    Wow, welcome back.
    HK_Katherine and jgl like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2