Like Tree9Likes

China Visa Application

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

No you didn't there is no a waiting line "for paper work". S2 is a same s***** like L visa and can be done via agency in HK, apply in the morning get it same day after 2 PM.

Morrison likes this.

So your S is good for 180 days ?

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    You can get it same day, apply in the morning get your visa at lowu afternoon.
    OK, I'll bite - where do you submit your application in the morning?
    S2 visa is supposed to be for people visiting foreign relatives legally resident in China, and documentary requirements include the following (as well as the regular stuff for an L visa):

Invitation letter

An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China.

Passport and residence permit of inviter

One photocopy of the passport and residence permit of the foreign inviter.

Proof of relationship

Photocopy of certificate of relationship between applicant and inviter, such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, or certificate of kinship issued by or legalized by government agencies.

Maybe S2 is the new, no-questions-asked M visa that some agents used to be able to obtain 15 years ago by providing the necessary dodgy extra documents ... let's just say that one by one those agents got rumbled/ fell into a guanxi hole ...

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    OK, I'll bite - where do you submit your application in the morning?
    S2 visa is supposed to be for people visiting foreign relatives legally resident in China, and documentary requirements include the following (as well as the regular stuff for an L visa):

Invitation letter

An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China.

Passport and residence permit of inviter

One photocopy of the passport and residence permit of the foreign inviter.

Proof of relationship

Photocopy of certificate of relationship between applicant and inviter, such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, or certificate of kinship issued by or legalized by government agencies.

Maybe S2 is the new, no-questions-asked M visa that some agents used to be able to obtain 15 years ago by providing the necessary dodgy extra documents ... let's just say that one by one those agents got rumbled/ fell into a guanxi hole ...
    Nahhh you need to read it again "loophole" about S2 visa is "for any private matter".

Me: Providing air ticket aka flying from Shenzhen was enough good reason to get S2 visa (private matter).

About docs needed if you are vising a friends or xyz person: Visiting Chinese friend : Provide his ID card copy & phone number only. Visiting a foreigner: Provide his 1st page passport copy, residence permit copy & phone number. (No need to be a permanent resident).

In both cases no need for invitation letter.

- Later you can extend 30 days S2 visa lets say in Shenzhen for up to 6 months (In my case i got extra 2x60 days extension)

- There is a big difference between S1 & S2 visa.

- Where to get? I'll just write an FBT agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    So your S is good for 180 days ?
    This was back to 2015. Today I'm visa free to China. But yeah can be up to 180 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    Depends on your nationality. Could be super easy even arrival visa in Shenzhen or next to impossible.
    you can't go to wuhan with a 5 day shenzhen visa

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    you can't go to wuhan with a 5 day shenzhen visa
    Technically can since no one checks your visa, just 1st page of the passport. But it's to risky and I don't recommend. (I made several trips to Beijing, Shanghai and etc by bus, plain, train in the past on SZ 5 days visa)
    Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    Technically can since no one checks your visa, just 1st page of the passport. But it's to risky and I don't recommend. (I made several trips to Beijing, Shanghai and etc by bus, plain, train in the past on SZ 5 days visa)
    but if you have any issues, with the wrong visa, that's risky
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    but if you have any issues, with the wrong visa, that's risky
    Yup! (I did since it was the only option and it was an emergency), but as I said I don't recommend.

@resurection - OK, so it is (or was) through FBT, a private agency. But an awful lot has changed in mainland visa issuing since 2015, and a lot of the loopholes and definitions have tightened up.

And from a follow-up comment, I have been on any number of long distance buses where everyone has had their documents gone over with a fine toothed comb, and people removed. And these days, with their inhouse cameras taking photos for the VoA procedures (both in Shenzhen and Zhuhai), the facial recognition software is going to ping you up the moment you leave the city limits.

Last edited by chingleutsch; 26-03-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    hongkong7 likes this.