Like Tree19Likes

The Frequentest of Fliers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

emx likes this.

Sounds like a nightmare to me even in first class.
    huja, HK_Katherine and jgl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sounds like a nightmare to me even in first class.
    Oh, I think this guy if he keeps this up, he will be found dead in a first class lounge bathroom overdosed on sleeping pills and whiskey within five years.
    Last edited by huja; 25-03-2019 at 05:50 AM.

What a fascinating article, thanks for posting. Flyertalk nerds - glad it isn't just me who thinks that's the right noun for them

The world is definitely enriched by strange people ike the guy in that article, it would be a less interesting place without the obsessives and people who push the boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    What a fascinating article, thanks for posting. Flyertalk nerds - glad it isn't just me who thinks that's the right noun for them

The world is definitely enriched by strange people ike the guy in that article, it would be a less interesting place without the obsessives and people who push the boundaries.
    You might enjoy this article if you like stories about unusual people doing extraordinary things . . .
    The Boy Who Heard Too Much - David Kushner

I follow this guy's blog - He got married recently so hopefully he's able to find some more balance in his life! His husband hates the miles-runs (they tried to do it last year) so it'll be interesting to see how this affects his travelling!

What's sad is that in recent months his fans and fans of the TPG blog have been pretty vocal in criticising each other - surely we can all place nicely together? Anyway #trolls will always exist, I suppose!

+1 on nightmarish. I travel frequently - and yes, do frequent FlyerTalk and do care about the intricacies of Cathay's scheme, but only so that I can travel more pleasantly when unavoidable and on holiday - travel for the sake of travel seems like an exercise in torture!

As a former frequent flyer, I would not want to travel non-stop even if it was for free.

Might seem fun when your young and single but with no social or family life it gets long in the tooth rather quick.

https://www.economist.com/internatio...-is-in-decline

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    As a former frequent flyer, I would not want to travel non-stop even if it was for free.

Might seem fun when your young and single but with no social or family life it gets long in the tooth rather quick.

https://www.economist.com/internatio...-is-in-decline
    Agree 100%. I was young and unmarried during the part of my career that required lots of travel. It was also pre 9/11 airport security so much easier. I would be in a padded room today if I had to rack up the air miles I did in my 20's and early 30's.
    emx, shri, Cwbguy and 1 others like this.

I tried to read that article, but the whole time had in my mind "yeah, but he's stuck in a plane."

No matter now nice first class might be, it's going to be noisy, the air is shite and jetlag sucks. The joy seems to be in gaming the system rather than flying. Different strokes, I guess.

huja and HK_Katherine like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast