Changi best airport in the world; HKG #5

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

There are a few features that I find important

1) Distance / Time to CDB
    2) Time from arrival to gate
    3) Cleanliness
    4) Destinations available

There are many fantastic regional airports that are easy to get to, efficiently laid out, clean and have OK flight links. The scoring system seems to reward size first and foremost.

I can't see a way to see the individual scores for each attribute. Are the details published anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    Always scratch my head about Changi - will always be 3rd rate until they do away with the xray scanners at the gates to the holding pens

Staff are miserable and seem to hate working there

Ghastly vomit carpet

I would put it behind HKIA on any measure really
    Those x-ray scanners at the gate are what allow Changi to mingle arriving and departing passengers - something which does help to make it a good airport for connections. Auckland used to be the same and I preferred it over the new version. It means that you can shop/eat at Changi on arrival if you need to.

Re the carpet - I care not about the colour, but the depth of the pile makes pulling a spinner trolley upright almost impossible. And making moving around an airport with luggage difficult seems to me to be the height of poor planning!

Original Post Deleted
    Last time I went through Narita, I tried one of the new buses. They have two, one called the Access Express and the other Tokyo Shuttle. Both go non-stop to Tokyo station. One is 900 yen, the other 1000 yen, they depart every 10 minutes which is much more frequent than any of the trains, just seem to come and go one after the other and you just hop on and pay the driver. They store your luggage for you (give you a little number to collect it later). Only took me 60 minutes which was quite good (traffic conditions were good at the time). So yes, I still prefer Haneda over Narita too, but I don't rule out Narita so quickly depending on other factors such as price, schedule, etc.

Those orange "Friendly Airport Limousines" must be suffering charging around 3000 yen for exactly the same service. But I guess their niche is tourists picking up from hotels.

I must be the only person that likes Narita. I don't like taking the trains to/from the airport. I find the buses faster to get on to and they typically drop us off at the hotel or station that we need to be. Haneda has too many people in it for my tastes and Narita also has this soba restaurant and T-shirt shop that I'm fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    LHR in the top 10??? If LHR can be ranked amongst the likes of HKIA and Changi, surely, Sydney's airport would also be worth a mention.lol.

Horrid staff service attitude