Like Tree2Likes

Crossing the border at Shenzhen Bay tomorrow: how long ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Original Post Deleted
    Correct, I never pre recorded my prints and go through various crossings to Shenzhen (Shanghai Beijing, Nanchang etc) on a regular basis. The first time ever you cross into China you have to do the whole nine yards when you go through customs (which delays the queue), after that it is just the 4 fingers (arrived in Shanghai SHA Thursday and again only the 4 fingers, took less then 2 minutes this time to enter, no queue).

But... while pre registration is not required .... as a courtesy to fellow travellers (like myself) it helps bring down the queue times if you do pre register.

Last time I was at Lo Wu they had a 'snake' type queue which was catered by three operating desks. If one desk got held up, at least the other two desks kept moving. At other times (other crossings, cannot remember which), each desk had one line. Pick the wrong line and you could be in for a long wait! How to know which is the right line - try to pick one with what seems like frequent travellers to China - on several occasions I have seen aged relatives in large family groups who have not pre-registered their fingerprints, and when they get to the front of the queue have no idea what they are doing. This can be a lengthy wait for those behind them.

shri likes this.

I will be going across here for the first time in a few years next week. Is there an APEC line?