Like Tree4Likes

China internet / VPN recommendations

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

China internet / VPN recommendations

Hi all,

I'm in mainland China and internet blocked for all sorts of sites. Hoped my Vpn would work but it doesn't. Does anyone know of a vpn that works here? Cheers

MandM! likes this.

Roaming on a HK Sim works. Nord has obfuscated servers which also work more or less. If you are in bumfuck nowhere none of the VPNs might work because the hotel might not have internet with overseas peering, in some places the ISP charge extra for that.

MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Hi all,

I'm in mainland China and internet blocked for all sorts of sites. Hoped my Vpn would work but it doesn't. Does anyone know of a vpn that works here? Cheers
    Forget about Nord/Astrill and etc VPNs. Use Shadowsocks which only work 24/7/365. If you need I can recommend you 1, price is 70 RMB/M. It's not cheap but never had a problem.

ProxyMaster worked last year

Lantern worked on Android last week. Lantern is also back in the Playstore. Shadowsocks can be detected now. Not sure you can run that constantly. ShadowsocksR runs better for me. Outline runs well too. V2Ray has cool optional routing via Cloudflare.

When I am in China I use VPN only on demand, I am not constantly logged in.

Lantern is an App, the rest are protocols that require a server.

The last couple of times I went there, and in Turkey, I used Express VPN. They are a little bit pricier, but is guaranteed to work. I love their services.

Just be careful out there.

ComputerWeekly: Top VPNs secretly owned by Chinese firms

Nearly a third of top VPNs are secretly owned by Chinese companies, while other owners are based in countries with weak or no privacy laws, potentially putting users at risk, security researchers warn
    Fenix2 likes this.

Anyway, for people in China maybe this link can help:

https://www.tipsforchina.com/china-a...vpn-links.html

I know they are checking some phones for photos and messages etc. at the border now. But has anyone been in trouble for having a VPN or similar app installed and been told to delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:

ExpressVPN...

https://www.strikesource.com/2021/03...massive-scale/

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast