Like Tree11Likes

Do courier flights still exit?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I checked with Airmule, they have lots of serving points in China, but no Hong Kong, and no Europe at all (other than Iceland coming soon).

They have a different system though, it's not really peer-2-peer, you deal directly with Airmule. They check and pack for you. Anyway, doesn't apply to me/us.

https://www.airmule.com/routes/

Could be lucrative if you get the air points.
    Flyertalk has a section where people discuss mile runs. Basically taking a flight that's a really cheap price and allows you to acquire a ton of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    Basically taking a flight that's a really cheap price and allows you to acquire a ton of miles.
    ummm, thats hard to do these days. Are these recent conversations?

In the last 2 years, most of the flights I've been taking have been reduced or zero points.
    If you want the points, you have to pay extra.

I'm facing a choice right now, need to get my calculator out but if someone knows the quick answer I would appreciate it.

Traveling Hong Kong - Toronto - Return.
    Adult Fare: HKD6465 per person tax included *25% miles*
    Adult Fare: HKD7155 per person tax included *50% miles*
    Adult Fare: HKD12965 per person tax included *100% miles*

The last choice is really silly. But the middle for $100 USD extra -- is it worth it or not. Not quite sure....
    flameproof likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Air Canada

I haven't been able to figure the miles out. Either my search skills have suffered or they are learning how to hide it well...

I might have to cave and ask the travel agent....

Original Post Deleted
    Not for quite a few years.

We usually go with Cathay into Toronto but this time the fares are really good for xmas. Even at the height of the high season, I'm able to get return flights for just around 1000 USD (7,700ish)

From what I read the mile runs are done mostly from the US on insanely cheap flights that still offer full points earning. People troll through searching for these deals. I think recently some airlines have messed up the pricing and there were some amazing deals for the people quick enough to grab them, Also I think they combine with other miles bonus deals etc.

i know one courier co that used to offer these trips called hkdc, now they are called royale, used to carry urgent docs to various locations around the world, all legit, depending on their clients i guess.
    i know cos i work for a printer and we print ipos and used to have to get copies of these ipos to their roadshows around the world. i think they call them hand carrys. look them up and ask them to see, definitely worth a try, if this is your thing

how do you answer the question that :"did you pack your own luggage"

Quote Originally Posted by Chunster:
    i know one courier co that used to offer these trips called hkdc, now they are called royale, used to carry urgent docs to various locations around the world, all legit, depending on their clients i guess.
    i know cos i work for a printer and we print ipos and used to have to get copies of these ipos to their roadshows around the world. i think they call them hand carrys. look them up and ask them to see, definitely worth a try, if this is your thing
    Not exactly my thing. I have my route at my time and carry some stuff for others. But what you write can be also interesting if you have lots of time.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    how do you answer the question that :"did you pack your own luggage"
    Seriously? You use the red channel and declare that this is 3rd pary stuff. It's logical, or? And if it's commercial stuff you need to have invoices, HS codes, EORI and so on.

I talk legit here, not smuggle.