Like Tree11Likes

43K HKD for Cathay Economy class.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Look around. Maybe that fare is for businesses who don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    yeah - the google flight search site is a great place to start too...shows you the cost of alternatives on the same day or other days. can also filter by loyalty plans (one world, sky team etc).
    Matrix - ITA Software by Google ?

A tip - always search for flight in incognito mode. Also, if you use skyscanner for example, also change your country to the UK (or other country) as their local agents may have the same flights cheaper.

For example, I booked a friend's flight from the UK to Hong Kong for GBP100 cheaper from HK than from UK.

hannah01 and Morrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    I've had a very good time flying a fare deal of 35K for business class (return) with Emirates. So, I can't imagine paying that lump sum for a mere PE class. But that's me. Maybe that fare is meant to rip off the rich.
    Its for businesses. Many HK companies will require staff to fly economy - but thats the only restriction. Hence Cathay can milk the direct market. Finding corporate travel policies that say 'up to XXHKD for whatever fare you find' is extremely rare.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Its for businesses. Many HK companies will require staff to fly economy - but thats the only restriction. Hence Cathay can milk the direct market. Finding corporate travel policies that say 'up to XXHKD for whatever fare you find' is extremely rare.
    It's not uncommon to find that - on the same flight - Premium Economy or even Business class can be cheaper than Economy. If the economy cabin is full, and the premium cabins are not, this happens. Our travel policy involves finding the cheapest reasonably option (not silly mandatory restrictions) so on those cases our staff fly Business Class and everyone wins.