Like Tree43Likes

CX Business Class going down the drain

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    We gave CX the flick around the same time, as I felt they were taking the piss, with the price they charge for what you got for the price paid. My opinion, a very expensive ' budget ' airline, that charges premium coin for the privilege.

We usually fly with EK,AF or QF and to be fair I have never had an issue with any of these ( although AF did very lightly food poison me once but made good with a free ticket to Bordeaux) always found the cabin experience friendly,mature and reliable, on these airlines, plus QF serves Bundy, which is excellent! I'm pretty familiar with cabin service and how it should and shouldn't be, CX ranks slightly above JETSTAR for me, which is fine if you are paying JETSTAR pricing, I just point blank will not fly with Cathay Pacific, ever again unless I have no other practical alternative.

I flew business with EK via bangkok a couple of years ago to Rome, and it really was superb airline experience on one of their A380's...It just made you feel special, which few commercial airlines have managed to make me feel.......EK really do an excellent job, even the food was totally fine, served on proper crockery and cappuccino in a coffee cup, metal cultlery etc. I also loved the 747 first class style of bar area in Biz class of the A380 and the good variety of mixed drinks available, just excellent! Once you go Emirates you'll just want to give Cathay the middle finger..
    I personally won't go so far as to call CX a budget carrier...yet, although I agree it is now not far from being one, especially with the 10 abreast seating in economy. But once they start charging for check-in bags and inflight meals, then yeah, I'll call them a budget carrier.
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    https://www.citibank.com.hk/english/...iles-cards.htm

You can transfer points to other FFP including Kris Miles

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Meal service. Plus on a 15 hr flight , they took 2 hours to serve the first meal (start to tray pick up), turned the lights off then turned the cabin lights on 6 hours later to take an order for the next meal. Utter crap. Woke me up to eat, not hungry and still 6.5 hours to go. They should not have turned the cabin lights on and should serve the next meal closer to landing time or at least give 8-9hrs sleep. I was very annoyed and cranky due to lack of sleep.
    which flight>?
    CX YYZ - time difference 12 hours

10:15 13:45
    Duration 15 hour 30 minute15h 30m
    CX824 - Operated by Cathay Pacific Airways

10:35 13:50
    Duration 15 hour 15 minute15h 15m
    CX828 - Operated by Cathay Pacific Airways

17:10 20:30
    Duration 15 hour 20 minute15h 20m
    CX826 - Operated by Cathay Pacific Airways

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Me too - gave some satisfaction - but do they take any action on those surveys?

Same if you file a complaint - at the end they ask "do you want to be contacted?"
    If you say no, no human will ever read that complaint.
    I have complained on past service and I received and still have some upgrade vouchers (any CX route). CX gets back to you if you request it, typically with a form paragraph, that's when I ask for a manager to speak with.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    which flight>?
    CX YYZ - time difference 12 hours

10:15 13:45
    Duration 15 hour 30 minute15h 30m
    CX824 - Operated by Cathay Pacific Airways

10:35 13:50
    Duration 15 hour 15 minute15h 15m
    CX828 - Operated by Cathay Pacific Airways

17:10 20:30
    Duration 15 hour 20 minute15h 20m
    CX826 - Operated by Cathay Pacific Airways
    I flew CX824. In retrospect I'm wondering if the afternoon flight has better food.

Original Post Deleted
    I think with DBS you can choose. Not sure I just received it. I have to look into it.
    Coolboy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Standard Chartered Visa Infinite let's you exchange points for either AsiaMiles or Kris Flyer.
    Coolboy and Kowloon Goon like this.

your complaint would be better addressed on flyertalk CX forum
    from my experience (more than 2.2m miles on CX) the crew always asked me what I wanted for the next meal as shown in the inflight menu (I always decline it) and the quality of the crew performance was linked to the quality of the IEM
    I always go the lounge early to eat in normal timing instead of self inflicted jet lagging by feeding frenzy at times when I would normally be asleep
    I would say that a recent business class flight on Cathay Dragon was a disaster and the whole experience was at best Y+ to be kind, and that was with a friendly crew

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2018/1...meal-redesign/

Coolboy and Skyhook like this.

According to the Sat Times Cathay best for business or First from UK ahead of Emirates. BA came last but frankly I’m amazed at that high rating for BA, they’re and embarrassment