Like Tree22Likes

Have you seen these "luggage vests" anywhere in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Have you seen these "luggage vests" anywhere in HK?

I have one I got as a kickstarter but it does not fit a laptop. I was looking for a lightweight vest/coat that could fit a laptop and a few other pockets for stuff - ideally to buy this weekend. Has anyone seen anything like this in HK (ie in a shop where i can get it asap?)

This kind of thing: https://www.scottevest.com/

No... But you could consider Patagonia, not sure if they have it in stock but they do have a vest with lots of pockets (can't paste link). I've found their hiking clothes to be very well designed and functional (money well spent), so even if it's not advertised as what you're looking for it may work well.

HK_Katherine and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    No... But you could consider Patagonia, not sure if they have it in stock but they do have a vest with lots of pockets (can't paste link). I've found their hiking clothes to be very well designed and functional (money well spent), so even if it's not advertised as what you're looking for it may work well.
    I do like Pategonia stuff. Will take a look on their website, thanks.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Patagonia is unlikely to have anything that carries a laptop, and if they do have pocket vests, it's probably from their fishing range which is not carried in HK. Edit: just checked a Patagonia store as I walked past one. Nothing there with loads of carry options.

I used to have a jacket with a pocket that was big enough for a laptop at the back, but putting anything that heavy would completely mess up the comfort of the jacket as the neck would ride up at the front.

Another option might be a massive kangaroo pocket, like the Paramo Velez Smock. Come to think of it, they also do photographer vests. But they're found in the UK.
    There are photo vests for sale in HK, but I cannot recall where I have seen them.

https://www.paramo-clothing.com/en-g...A-000032E7923D

Last edited by jgl; 20-07-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

But I find Patagonia is so well designed you can manage a lot in their pockets.

SSP has stores with kind of fishing or camera vests (if you don't care how you look).

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    But I find Patagonia is so well designed you can manage a lot in their pockets.

SSP has stores with kind of fishing or camera vests (if you don't care how you look).
    I looked on the pategonia website. Nothing looked like it had big enough pockets.

Doesn't sound like anyone has any ideas... I will head into Central shortly and see what I can find. Any more general suggestions as to "travel" shops? I used to know a good one in TST but it closed....

Last edited by HK_Katherine; 21-07-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Doesn't sound like anyone has any ideas... I will head into Central shortly and see what I can find.
    Get a tailor to sew in a big pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Get a tailor to sew in a big pocket?
    Today?

I've got a backup strategy which involves wearing a very tiny rucksac under a coat with the laptop in. It's just rather convoluted! A good piece of travel gear would be better for other trips....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast