Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Favourite check-in luggage

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle
    @HK_Katherine I'm glad you like Samsonite - I own the stock, though last few years have been painful - thanks to now gone CEO Ramesh Tainwala. And they overpaid for Tumi.

You mention additional baggage allowance on One World - but I think you are still limited to max ~25kg per bag you check?
    Depends what airline you fly.. if you fly BA in BC you can check in 2x32 KG. Only reason we booked BA this time as we are packing up and checking in 6 x 32 KG bags (dirt cheap throw away luggage) plus my regular Tumis
    Elefant&Castle likes this.

DAKINE, you can move house with it

I brought the predecessor of this model when I came to Hong Kong in 2003 from a shop in Stanley Market. It's still going strong despite hundreds of flights and I've since added two more to cope with the growing family.

https://shop.americantourister.com/l...05574XXXX.html

Pro's - good wheels, easy to trundle, clamshell design (zips always break), indestructible, waterproof
    Con's - a bit heavier than the lightest alternatives.

This model was branded Samsonite when I bought it so came with a 10 year guarantee, the American Tourister just comes with 3 or 5. Have not needed to invoke any of them though. I wouldn't buy anything else.

in certain countries an expensive bag means please open me to the ground handling personnel and help yourself
    I get 60kgs on oneworld
    I use 1 or 2 depending on destination large black zipper bags with my initials in orange crayon 40 cm high x 30 cm wide on front and back
    I consider bags are a conveniennce to carry belongings not a fashion statement and easily identifiable on the carousel

I use mostly Rimowa cases especially the carry on and the trunk case are my favorite. The wheels are great and go over cobblestone easily and effortless to roll even when your case is super heavy... downside that the wheels are great but can easily roll away from you - I've used mine for years and so far no real signs of damage. That said, my Samsonite hardcase that I bought couldn't even last a trip from Canada to HK as it came out dented and the wheels are rubbish as you need to really use some energy to drag that thing

emx likes this.

I'm not too bothered about the brand but I choose the bright bold colours. I can spot them from a mile away. This makes it easier to see on a luggage belt and also if someone wants to steal it, I can spot it fairly quickly. I also hope it makes it harder for the airlines to lose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2