Like Tree19Likes

HKIA Lounge Access

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HKIA Lounge Access

What do people find is the best way of pay-for-access lounge access? Previously I had used Loungebuddy but it is only available to Amex users now it seems

Is it worth paying for though?

The regular Cathay business class lounges are often really crowded - sometimes to the point where it's hard to get a decent seat. There is usually a loud buffoon in range barking instructions into their phone - as if it's their last will.

You can buy coffee outside - wifi outside - seats outside...

bak875, Kowloon Goon and JAherbert like this.

i've been into the Plaza Premium lounge a couple of times, and if it were not free there is no way I would pay for it. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Is it worth paying for though?

The regular Cathay business class lounges are often really crowded - sometimes to the point where it's hard to get a decent seat. There is usually a loud buffoon in range barking instructions into their phone - as if it's their last will.

You can buy coffee outside - wifi outside - seats outside...
    Maybe I've been lucky I've never had that experience. I'm only in there 3-4 times a year and for overnight flights so I avoid a lot of business travelers. The food isn't always amazing but it's often better than the plane food, and the bar is good so it's all worth it for me.

I only use AsiaMiles redemptions for my lounge access. Was 7000 miles I think 9000 now. Never seemed worth it with any other method when I do the maths.

priority pass - some credit cards give complimentary membership with 4 access per year

amex cx elite - believe it comes with some complimentary plaza premium access too

Quote Originally Posted by ermen:
    priority pass - some credit cards give complimentary membership with 4 access per year
    I believe my Priority Pass (from Standard Chartered Visa Infinite credit card) allow 8 times per year.

I agree with others, would never pay for lounge access, even with Asia miles, when the airport itself already has comfy seats, wifi etc, and I'm just as happy eating at burger king than I am in the lounge.

China Mobile hands out 8 Plaza Premium vouchers if you sign up for a new contract. Everybody and their dog has those now, the last time the line went all the way back to the Plaza Premium First Lounge.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

The Premium Plaza First Lounge has been excellent every time I have used it. I would pay to go in.

Plaza Premium First is very good but very expensive. I got a free pass but the market rate is $800.

My mrs always tries to get me to go the airport earlier so that we can go into Plaza Premium, she likes it, I hate it, its SHIT, the last time we tried to go in my daughter was 4 yrs old and I think they said she would have to pay like $280, cant remember the exact but I laughed and told the mrs lets GTFO here. like others have said, plenty of other places to sit down and eat.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast