Like Tree27Likes

Smuggling a friend across the border

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Have your friend by a plane ticket and fly to HK with his/her two-way permit.
    Isnt that the OP's issue, the friend doesnt have the permit or visa as he said they are no longer issuing it to individual travellers, or do you know that his friend can go and apply one easily.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Isnt that the OP's issue, the friend doesnt have the permit or visa as he said they are no longer issuing it to individual travellers, or do you know that his friend can go and apply one easily.
    He said his friend can only get the Group Visa (Lç­¾) for HK, but since 2017 it doesn't matter which type you have anymore. Everybody can travel individually without needing a group.
    https://kknews.cc/zh-hk/travel/bqnqlao.html

We just had someone come over to give a training and ImmD issued him with a 4 day work visa on his Chinese two-way permit with only the Group Visa for HK, didn't have any problems leaving China.
    Morrison and Elefant&Castle like this.

For those that are interested - the individual permits are available again - to both Hong Kong and Macao. Probably were all along - she might have just made a mistake on the application website.

Beijingers have to apply for permits - I don't think all provinces have the same rules still with regard to SAR visits...

Regarding group permits - these are not a great alternative.
    I don't think they can ignore the group once they are in HK - have stay in the group hotel, follow the group leader with the little flag, wear a stupid hat; It's demeaning.

Morrison and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:

Regarding group permits - these are not a great alternative.
    I don't think they can ignore the group once they are in HK - have stay in the group hotel, follow the group leader with the little flag, wear a stupid hat; It's demeaning.
    Same with all group tours. I tried that once ages ago and the guide got in a bit of a huff about it, cos he gets commission if we go along to the places and buy things. He loses out on that if we don't come.

+1 for the title of this thread. I'm sure this won't throw any red flags

"Smuggling a friend across the border"