Like Tree13Likes

Phone Check Border Crossing - Leave it in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I seem to remember being told/reading that you could be fined for having a vpn in China?
    de jure. not de facto, at least not for you.....

other than that, leave your dog at home

Prepaid. 140hkd for 12gb and unlimited call/text

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    de jure. not de facto, at least not for you.....

other than that, leave your dog at home
    Eh?

https://www.travelchinacheaper.com/i...a-vpn-in-china

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:
    Prepaid. 140hkd for 12gb and unlimited call/text
    Where from?

Order from their website, pick up the sim same day at 759 or other stores same day.

You can also port your number to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I seem to remember being told/reading that you could be fined for having a vpn in China?
    Oh sorry, you read it on the internet, must be true then. Feel free not to use one.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Oh sorry, you read it on the internet, must be true then. Feel free not to use one.
    OK, so how am I do find out what the law is in China. Do you have a book of Chinese laws I can have a look through? In English or course.

Actually, I do remember who first told me. Back in May I was chatting to a English guy who lives and works in Shenzhen as we stood in line waiting for passports to be checked. He told me that the previous week they were checking phones and that there was a 20,000 Yuan fine if you had a VPN on it. I had no reason to believe he was lying.

Also, have you seen the link I posted above?

Don't listen to flameproof, he is an idiot. You can totally be arrested in China for having or using a VPN, even as foreigner. As recent events have shown you can be arrested for having BB pellets on you, even though they are legal and can be bought on Taobao by the kilo. You can get arrested for whatever reason they want, they just need to want hard enough.

Pauljoecoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    I think I'm one of the higher revenue generators for you in terms of clicks for posts read. I know you await my commentary and my participation is vital - despite you sending me offensive messages like "have no time to babysit." What the heck was that all about?. In a study of your website, a lot of old timers have dropped out. Traffic not as great as before based on Alexa and others. Got some interesting new opinions, some insightful partricipants (like me) and some narcissits who need the last word remain as well. lol
    And a highly inflated sense of importance too eh?

Would have no problems if you disappeared back to where ever you appeared from.

Just saying .. yeah, well, lol and all that shit.