Travel insurance / Winter sports cover

Travel insurance / Winter sports cover

Will be going to Japan on our first ski trip (since moving to HK) over the Christmas break and the wife just reminded me about travel insurance. Back in the UK we had travel insurance with additional Winter Sports clause/add-on. From a review of several HK insurers it seems that isn't common place over here (although "Cruise" and "Golf" add-ons are).... should I take that to mean that normal travel insurance would cover Winter Sports?

On the other hand, I (and my family) have comprehensive worldwide healthcare cover with Axa PPP which seems to state it would cover winter sports (in that it states it only states it does not cover any injury arising out of "ski-ing off-piste without an appropriately qualified instructor"), so not sure whether I need the insurance (from the injury side of things)...

Every set of travel insurance T&Cs I have ever read in HK have covered winter sports. Just check the T&Cs of whoever you plan to sign up with.

Read the clauses.. if you are doing on recreational purpose on a course that is drawn out for recreational purpose, shld be covered.. so don't try off piste or climb above the last commercial lift and you are fine.