Like Tree22Likes

Place to visit in Hong Kong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Air BnB now has an "experiences" section where you can book things like walking and dining tours with locals. Or cooking or hiking, or biking, even boat trips. Seems to be a lot to choose from. I have seen small groups like this with local tour guides in my work neighborhood as I work among the traditional dried-seafood shops that are interesting to tourists.

Anyway, most are well under 4 hours and could get you some interesting local food that you would probably find difficult to order on your own- or even know where to look for it.

Right now a local walking tour is a good idea as bus tours or hop on and off buses may be blocked due to protests/tunnels closed down, etc.

Anyway, worth a look to get ideas on what you might like to do:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/hong-kong/e...e=search_query

Quote Originally Posted by andreas18
    Hi everyone.

I am going to visit Hong Kong in December. It's my first travel to Asia. Could anyone suggest me some best place to visit in Hong Kong in minimum time as I will be there for only two days.
    What sort of activities do you like to do in HK is the key and where you stay (HK Island vs Kowloon vs New Territories) which determines whether you can get there, given the protests going on. For typical sight-seeing the Peak Tram and view of the Peak is usually a good starting point. The cable car up to the Big Buddha on Lantau is also another good option.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 22-11-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Hi everyone.

I am going to visit Hong Kong in December. It's my first travel to Asia. Could anyone suggest me some best place to visit in Hong Kong in minimum time as I will be there for only two days.
    hi, perhaps you can go on a tour bus (topless) for sightseeing around HK if your time is tight, you may choose either 1 route, or all 3 routes, as you wish. here's the link, enjoy your trip, cheers!

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/hong-...and-tour-maps/
    hongkong7 and sv336 like this.

So many to choose from, see what you fancy and have a go

https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/th...o-in-hong-kong

james_hklocal and Coolboy like this.

Hi everyone.

you may also like to have a tour by Ferry, see this link -

https://www.getyourguide.com/star-fe...SAAEgJ1_PD_BwE
    Coolboy likes this.

Relax on the South side and enjoy Stanley and less crowded Ocean Park. The 4.5-5* L'Hotel has King sized bedrooms for $59.00 USD per night. Enjoy.

MABinPengChau, shri and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow
    Hong Kong is a good place to start in Asia; it's all familiar enough if you're from Europe, yet there's also plenty to gawk at. Some of the places I take my colleagues:
    - Go to the escalators and Soho for a very European feel
    - Go to the markets around Mong Kok for a very Chinese feel (including the flower market)
    - Take the Ding Ding (tram) from say Sheung Wan to Causeway Bay, just sit upstairs in the front and be amazed
    - Take the ferry from Central to Tsim Sha Tsui
    - If you have a bit more time, the Peak is nice, and I really like Big Buddha
    - I also really love to take people to Lamma island.

But for almost all cases, keep a close eye on the news. There are some FB groups and Telegram groups (Be Water/Guardians of HK) that have information in English, and this forum is probably one of the best options. Don't get caught in a cloud of tear gas (or worse), it would severely spoil your holiday.

At night, HK used to be one of the safest places on the planet, but I suggest that after say 21.00 you only visit places close to your hotel. Again, you don't suddenly want to end up with a huge army of police between you and your home (as happened to me the other day).

With all that, I think HK should still be great fun for a visitor. Enjoy!

Edit: I second Shri for saying things should be lest crowded. Last Saturday I visited the Peak with a colleague and we got on the first train. Half a year that would have been at least a 30-60 minute waiting time.

-
    Some excellent suggestions but there is so much more too! I have been here 2.5 years and work part time so I have 2 days a week on average to explore. I've still so much to do.

With only 2 days the above is more than enough.

I would say for a 2 day visit,

The Peak - I live to take the 15 bus from near the central pier as it has good views from the upper deck. When up there walk around Luggard road. Then walk down towards the escalators an through mid levels. Get sum lunch.

Back to the pier and get the Star ferry across to Kowloon. Wander around there and then up through Kowloon park and the street markets.

Evening - back to Star Ferry to see HK Island and the lights in the evening. Maybe a drink at a roof top bar.

Day 2.

Get MTR to Tung Chung, Cable Car up to Big Bhudda (good deals on Klook) Bus down to Tai O village, a cheap boat ride around the village and out to the new bridge and maybe see a pink dolphin (small chance!)

That would take most of a day with a little time late afternoon evening for something else

Quote Originally Posted by RAINDEAR
    hi, perhaps you can go on a tour bus (topless) for sightseeing around HK if your time is tight, you may choose either 1 route, or all 3 routes, as you wish. here's the link, enjoy your trip, cheers!

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/hong-...and-tour-maps/
    It's the bus that is topless, you yourself don't have to be.
    shri, HK_Katherine and CharSiuNow like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2