Like Tree26Likes

Access to airport for non-flyers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I left some duty free shopping on a plane a couple of weeks ago. I phoned up Cathay who confirmed they had my shopping and they told me to come to the airport with the boarding card from that flight and explain to security what had happened. I did this and they let me through without questioning this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Some of you are posting about committing fraud in an open forum!!!
    Oh no, this place is certainly going down the drain.
    sallecc likes this.

Just buy a refundable ticket if fraud is a concern...

Maybe try meeting up with your hubby in Tung Chung instead? It's a short 5-10 mins car ride away and more food options.

Original Post Deleted
    yes, there is still a security check there as of last Friday.

btw my uber driver this morning recommended an awesome way to avoid the queue if getting dropped off via car/taxi - go to Parking Lot 1 instead of the main Bridge and take the lifts up. Literally zero people in the queue this morning versus a 15 minute queue last Monday morning at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    yes, there is still a security check there as of last Friday.

btw my uber driver this morning recommended an awesome way to avoid the queue if getting dropped off via car/taxi - go to Parking Lot 1 instead of the main Bridge and take the lifts up. Literally zero people in the queue this morning versus a 15 minute queue last Monday morning at the same time.
    That is actually a great idea and big bonus is that you might find trolleys there, which can be problem if you travel with whole family and too much luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Some of you are posting about committing fraud in an open forum!!!
    There's no monetary gain. Making up a silly document to fool a silly government isn't fraud. It would be fraud if you would use that mail to get on the airline, but if you use it to get past the zombies at the entrance, then it's not fraud, just hilarious.

Btw yes, if you want to beat the crowds, just to to the arrivals instead of departures.
    HK_Katherine and lovehunter like this.

I flew in late yesterday and there is still tight security at every entry/exit point, that said, still quite a lot of people "waiting" for others in the arrival halls.

My parents arrive in a couple of weeks. They're senior citizens. It'd have been good to meet them at the arrivals- is there a chance the security will be more flexible by then?

Quote Originally Posted by jack55:
    Yes, in your situation just photoshop the name to match his (just take your departure booking). Unless you don't want to forge a document, which this literally is.
    Yeah, no don't do that.