Like Tree29Likes

Last minute Thai Baht

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Last minute Thai Baht

Left it late, need to get some THB today.

In Central. Any ideas? Berlin probably a no go because of the line ups.

Was thinking World Wide House.

Worldwide might be your best bet - not sure how much you'll gain over HSBC for "walking around money" .... unless you're taking cash to put down on a condo in Phuket.

pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Worldwide might be your best bet - not sure how much you'll gain over HSBC for "walking around money" .... unless you're taking cash to put down on a condo in Phuket.
    WorldWide will be quicker and easier than HSBC probably!

If I were to put down a deposit on a Phuket Condo I would be consulting @bdw first to work out the best way to milk the HK banking system and maximize any Credit Card rebates.
    bdw and HK_Katherine like this.

I normally use SmallGirlExchange.Co.LTD - 小女孩找換店 in Sheung Wan just opposite Wing On.

Quite often better rates than Berlin and no queues.

chichow, shri, pin and 1 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Luck of the draw sometimes, I changed some USD for a trip to Myanmar and got 5 crisp brand new $100 notes.

Don't you just get from the ATM in Thailand when you land?

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Don't you just get from the ATM in Thailand when you land?
    Probably on the small but non-zero chance of cards not working in a foreign ATM? My SCB card got spat back out of a local Jetco machine a couple of days ago. Walked 60 seconds to an SCB ATM and it worked again.

I try to have at least enough local currency for a cab ride whenever I fly overseas. Especially if one has small children in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Probably on the small but non-zero chance of cards not working in a foreign ATM? My SCB card got spat back out of a local Jetco machine a couple of days ago. Walked 60 seconds to an SCB ATM and it worked again.

I try to have at least enough local currency for a cab ride whenever I fly overseas. Especially if one has small children in tow.
    Were you withdrawing less than $500 at the jetco machine? It doesn't like that, must use SC machine or withdrawal over $500

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Were you withdrawing less than $500 at the jetco machine? It doesn't like that, must use SC machine or withdrawal over $500
    Nah, I always withdraw over 500.

Just happened again less than an hour ago- tried withdrawing 3K at BEA. Machine just refused the transaction. Repeated again with the same result. Walked across the road to an OCBC ATM and it worked.

Maybe it's just my card/account. Hasn't happened for a while, besides this week it was probably 6 months ago.

But hey, you know me... I don't trust technology in general
    shri likes this.

Problem with Thailand is they now have a foreign card fee at ATMs. I normally just take enough cash and try and card everything I can.

Anyway ended up just getting the cash from WorldWideHouse.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast