• 2 Post By drumbrake
  • 1 Post By SannyJ
  • 2 Post By CharSiuNow

Kiwi dot com flight tickets

Closed Thread

Kiwi dot com flight tickets

What's your experience ?

Reliable and on par with Expedia, which I normally use

I am just looking at a great deal that combines a Chinese carrier and a foreign airline

I've used it once - worked out OK. My routing was Singapore - Auckland - Bali - so a couple of one way flights. Compared to booking via the airline (my preferred option), it was significantly cheaper.

Morrison and jack55 like this.

My friends just had a horrific experience with them. They had booked a flight to Philippines, but somehow ended up with an itenarary to Columbia and had to pay extra money to have it changed back to the original flight they had booked and paid for. Then the itinerary got changed and they ended up having to stay overnight in Manila at their own expense.

The overnight stay happened to another set of friends who also booked with them on a similar route.

Based on those two experience, I personally would not book with them.

Morrison likes this.

I tried them going to Vietnam. Way better price, but the different airlines was annoying. I don't see how one flight can become another or go to a wrong destination? Maybe just need to check and double check with them after booking confirmation to be safe?

I just searched for a long distance trip; generally I go to Skyscanner or Trip.com, but as both of those are in Chinese hands I'm not super excited about giving those all my information, so I would like to have Kiwi.com as an option.

I found, in order or price:
    - expedia had the best price of all. This surprised me, as in the past I had ditched Expedia for being far too expensive.
    - Trip.com found the same flights as expedia, but a bit more expensive
    - Skyscanner: found a very interesting alternatve which would save me a lot of time (hours) with an interesting combination of carriers. It would end up a bit more expensive, but the gain in time is worth it to me.
    - Kiwi.com: found the same company as Expedia and Trip.com, didn't find the cheaper flight (it seems) but instead came again with a more expensive but interesting alternative.
    - directly with the company: same flights as Kiwi, but 30-40% more expensive.

So...

I should add to this confusion that in my experience for longer, complicated trips, it can also be useful to split a trip in parts and look for more options. But in any case, I will add both Expedia and Kiwi to my arsenal of tricks

I want to issue a warning about kiwi.

I just had a bad experience related to credit card fraud on this site (support refuses any cooperation) so I googled them and found various earnings about them, including:
    https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/ShowTo...ir_Travel.html

#1 of 289 ·
    There are probably hundreds of warnings here about Kiwi.com. Did you read them before you booked?
    Use at your own risk. If a scammer uses them to commit fraud, initiate the chargeback as their support is worse than useless.
    Morrison and juanalias like this.

First time hearing about kiwi.com

Recent reviews are not looking good, mostly from Covid19 effects

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/kiwi.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTEGydBLUww