Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By lizardkinger
  • 4 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 2 Post By Elegiaque

Staycations in cold months

Question Staycations in cold months

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a short stay in a luxury hotel during winter time. So the most important thing is a nice area with heated pool and a hot tub. Doesn't really matter whether it's outside or not.
    Most hotels advertise with their SPA details but none has valid information whether you can have a good time when it's cold outside.

Even top ones such as Peninsula or Rosewood only offer scarce details. My current favourite is the "W Hong Kong" but would love to hear from someone with experience.

Coolboy likes this.

Their specials are here - What else are you looking for?

https://www.peninsula.com/en/hong-kong/special-offers

My boss is telling me stay at home for the rest of this week and next...which means I have a lot more flexible free time. Problem is, so is a lot of other folks in HK. I tried to get out to the country parks to escape the crowds, but heck, it was more crowded than a weekend! Because that is what everyone is thinking...stay away from the urban areas like Central, Wan Chai, Causeway Bay and Mongkok and instead head for the hills. Now EVERYONE is hiking.

Hotels? No one dares to stay there now since you don't know which mainlander had stay before in the rooms. So the question is: is there still a place to stay in HK that is relatively uncrowded besides your own tiny cubicle that pass for homes in HK?

Looks to be the perfect time to go the cinema. We are planning on going to Macau, the bridge is still open and there aren't any mainland tourists, it's gotta be nice

I think the likelihood is that people will be encouraged to not go to the office next week, so we might as well all jet off somewhere.

is there still a place to stay in HK that is relatively uncrowded besides your own tiny cubicle that pass for homes in HK?
    Came back from 3 days camping at Pui O, normally the campsite is walk-in registration but pre-registration and balloting is required due to high inflow during CNY in the past but surprisingly hardly any Mainlander and very few locals this year..

Quote Originally Posted by lizardkinger
    Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a short stay in a luxury hotel during winter time. So the most important thing is a nice area with heated pool and a hot tub. Doesn't really matter whether it's outside or not.
    Most hotels advertise with their SPA details but none has valid information whether you can have a good time when it's cold outside.

Even top ones such as Peninsula or Rosewood only offer scarce details. My current favourite is the "W Hong Kong" but would love to hear from someone with experience.
    W Hotel may have "specials" now!

The centre said the couple had stayed at W Hong Kong hotel in West Kowloon from January 22 until Tuesday. Afterwards, they visited the nearby Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-coro...083809085.html
    rs4 and MatthieuTofu like this.