Like Tree66Likes

Upcoming travel plans

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Heading to Seoul Feb 13-16 for family holiday, lets hope we still fly and get in, dont care if we are not allowed back haha

junichitsuyo and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Heading to Seoul Feb 13-16 for family holiday, lets hope we still fly and get in, dont care if we are not allowed back haha
    Haha I actually don't mind staying in Japan for awhile and working remotely from there. Although I don't think my company would be too happy about that...
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    Supposed to be travelling to Ningbo/Zhoushan at some point in the next week or two... however our company policy is to mirror the UK FCO advice, so currently I will not be going (and Cathay have cancelled all their Ningbo flights anyway!!)
    I would definitely avoid traveling to anywhere in China, just seems too dangerous

I've got flights and hotel booked for a weekend in Vietnam this Friday - if they'll let me on the plane I will definitely go!

junichitsuyo and chuckster007 like this.

Updating this thread along with the usual virus news thread...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/04/foll...g-flights.html

junichitsuyo likes this.

We've had some work trips cancelled (both here, in the region and further afield).

We have a holiday to Tokyo in Easter. Probably too early to tell if it will get cancelled. If it does, so be it.

junichitsuyo likes this.

Am supposed to be going to BKK next week for a conference, will probably go. Week after, Manila (cancelled obviously). In March, Vietnam, will go if I can. Also Singapore coming up (unclear at this point). In June, UK and a cruise with Mum, will go if I can.

junichitsuyo likes this.

i have 3 trips to europe planned between march and may...work and hols...fingers crossed I can go. (not as bothered about coming back!).

junichitsuyo and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by junichitsuyo:
    Just curious if anyone has upcoming travel plans (business or personal) and whether or not you are considering cancelling it or going ahead with it? I have a trip to Japan next week for a marathon and debating to cancel or not. My company doesn't sound too happy that I am traveling during these risky times...
    If I were entered into a marathon and had been training for it, well, f the virus, I would go for it! There are other ways to get back from Japan besides airplanes (infected cruise ships have space available!). Worst case, fly to another country then into HK (Cathay is still flying US to HK, for example). Think how much higher you'll place because of all the 'fraidy cats who won't show...

Edit: Might want to up the limits on your travel insurance, just in case...
    junichitsuyo and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    If I were entered into a marathon and had been training for it, well, f the virus, I would go for it! There are other ways to get back from Japan besides airplanes (infected cruise ships have space available!). Worst case, fly to another country then into HK (Cathay is still flying US to HK, for example). Think how much higher you'll place because of all the 'fraidy cats who won't show...

Edit: Might want to up the limits on your travel insurance, just in case...
    Yeah I am definitely going (as long as Japan doesn't close their borders before I fly!). It seems like most travel insurance doesn't really cover cases related to the coronavirus, probably need to look into it more. Thanks for the suggestion!
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast