Like Tree168Likes

Wuhan Virus - Flights To/From Hong Kong

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Yea. Pointless. My membership year expire end of February, so I'll see the extra points in my account for four days, then it'll reset to zero.
    I think the point is that if you were close to requalifiying, but failed because you could not fly in Feb, then this will get you over the line. If you were not already close, then what have you actually lost?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I think the point is that if you were close to requalifiying, but failed because you could not fly in Feb, then this will get you over the line. If you were not already close, then what have you actually lost?
    I was 80 points close, which is half of one roundtrip to London (180). I usually do 4 per year and qualify. Miss one, I don't. I did miss one two years ago as I took a long vacation..boom.

Maybe it's just my flying pattern that's not good for this sort of things.. I'll miss the wonton noodles in the lounge when I fly for non-work trips tho

I was 80 points close, which is half of one roundtrip to London (180). I usually do 4 per year and qualify. Miss one, I don't. I did miss one two years ago as I took a long vacation..boom.

Maybe it's just my flying pattern that's not good for this sort of things.. I'll miss the wonton noodles in the lounge when I fly for non-work trips tho
    So are you not exactly the person who will benefit? I don't know your level, but if you are Diamond, then the extra points in Feb are enough to fill in that 80 gap and you get your Diamond for another year...... If you are Gold you get 65.... I reckon they will comp you the missing 15 and let you through anyway (that's common).

And if you are less than that, you're stuffed but you didnt get many benefits anyway so easy come - easy go LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    So are you not exactly the person who will benefit? I don't know your level, but if you are Diamond, then the extra points in Feb are enough to fill in that 80 gap and you get your Diamond for another year...... If you are Gold you get 65.... I reckon they will comp you the missing 15 and let you through anyway (that's common).

And if you are less than that, you're stuffed but you didnt get many benefits anyway so easy come - easy go LOL
    Yea I'm I'm gold, tbh I just need a couple months extension as I have another flight in April..now I have to write to them (again, since last time they told me to hang tight for "relief measures coming") and wait for answer..doubt they will in 3days...etc etc

Oh well, just the way it is I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea I'm I'm gold, tbh I just need a couple months extension as I have another flight in April..now I have to write to them (again, since last time they told me to hang tight for "relief measures coming") and wait for answer..doubt they will in 3days...etc etc

Oh well, just the way it is I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's very common for Cathay to maintain status if you are only a few point short (like 10 or 15). I think you are sorted personally with the new measure.

Cathay refuses to tell me my flight to Washington DC has been canceled. In checking flight status, that flight number no longer runs (nor the return flight), you cannot book on it and yet in my "bookings" it shows it is still on. I even called and they assured me I will be flying.

I wonder if they are trying to cancel at the last minute when I will be stuck with flying with them on an alternate non-direct flight to DC...

So, Cathay sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Cathay refuses to tell me my flight to Washington DC has been canceled. In checking flight status, that flight number no longer runs (nor the return flight), you cannot book on it and yet in my "bookings" it shows it is still on. I even called and they assured me I will be flying.

I wonder if they are trying to cancel at the last minute when I will be stuck with flying with them on an alternate non-direct flight to DC...

So, Cathay sucks...

They might have you booked on a codeshare flight, which may/may not be direct to DC.

EDIT: the CX site listed the DC flight as suspended until the 28th March 2020.
    Last edited by emx; 02-03-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

I have an Air France booking in 3 weeks. Waiting for their flash news info to change from 'We aren't flying to China' to 'Çhina won't let us in'

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:

So, Cathay sucks...
    That is exactly the reason why I have not flown with them since 2010.
    You should call US side, perhaps they will tell you the naked truth. That’s what I did, just called a service center in a country where ppl usually give honest information
    MABinPengChau and Skyhook like this.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast