Like Tree168Likes

Wuhan Virus - Flights To/From Hong Kong

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quote Original Post:

EDIT: the CX site listed the DC flight as suspended until the 28th March 2020.
    Ah that explains it, except Matthieu Tofu gave a link that said that Cathay were canceling that route. It was under-subscribed even before the protests. But it is the ONLY direct flight to DC so if there is any chance it's running, I will keep the booking. Gonna bet they are going to cancel it but too late for me to get alternate flights. And the best alternate for me, Korean Air, doesn't seem to be running to DC too often these days. Guess I can try ANA... United, American, and Delta have cut way back, not that I want to travel on a US carrier unless desperate. Also if HK ever decides to test a decent number of people, I am pretty sure we will have Iran or Korea-level numbers and the US will insist on quarantine so no point in a trip to just stay in quarantine...just ticks me off that they won't cancel the flight with reasonable time to make alternatives...
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    Ah that explains it, except Matthieu Tofu gave a link that said that Cathay were canceling that route. It was under-subscribed even before the protests.
    Just a quick FYI for everybody flying. What is reported in press releases by the airline and published in newspaper articles is often very different from reality. Please call your airline (websites these days are uselessly complicated with the amount of cancellations).
    For example HKExpress announced it was ceasing all S. Korea flights by the end of March, last flights are actually today.

The way airlines disseminate their info is going to get a lot of passengers stranded...

P.S: Good luck to you MA... hope you can get to where you need to go (and back)

I know that it's a tough time for the airlines but being transparent and honest will win you more customer loyalty than the way they seem to be going about it...I mean, they collect all your contact info, can't be that hard to shoot out a text or e-mail. And be honest if there is a good chance your temporary suspension will become permanent, pretty sure my route isn't coming back even if coronavirus disappears from the face of the earth tomorrow. Not many HK Chinese (or that many Chinese, period) in the DC metro area, also no industry, just government so no reason for people to fly there...lots of Koreans, hence Korean Air is (until recently) a good alternative...

junichitsuyo likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    It's very common for Cathay to maintain status if you are only a few point short (like 10 or 15). I think you are sorted personally with the new measure.
    You're right, just got an email from their customer service.. they extended.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Just checked flights to/from Washington DC (niece is thinking about visiting)...so many carriers have cut routes to HK. I don't even see China-based carriers. I saw ANA, Qatar, Turkish airlines. I think there is still some way to get there by Cathay and changing planes 2-3 times...

So...not a lot of options- if Japan's numbers get worse, they will be like Korean Air...not flying to the US very much. Hooray to the brave Middle-East airlines...they will rescue the stranded!

Seems like all the US carriers have abandoned their East Asian routes...not that I wanted to fly (or make my niece fly) a US carrier.

Just checked Air France site, they have a new announcement. All flights throughout their network may now be rebooked or cancelled for free.

Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, we have been doing everything possible to assist our customers and allow them to postpone or cancel trips planned to/from areas with a risk of exposure.

We are now going further and extending these measures to our entire network, for reservations to come and bookings already made. You can thus book your next trip with minimum stress, with the guarantee of being able to modify your booking at no extra cost if you so wish.

If you have an Air France ticket, issued on or before 31 March, 2020, and valid for a flight scheduled between 3 March and 31 May, 2020, regardless of the destination, you can postpone your trip at no extra cost onto a later flight to the same destination until 31 may, 2020 included, in the same booking class.
    'Keep booking folks, we need your money' seems to be the gist.

https://www.airfrance.com.hk/HK/en/c...037.1583028668

Anyone have any thoughts on Flights to and from Japan?

I'm booked with HK express to go there in a few weeks. All seems ok at the moment?

I saw lots of ANA flights to the US going through Narita, still seems like they are flying. All depends on how bad the virus numbers get...

Quote Original Post:
    Anyone have any thoughts on Flights to and from Japan?

I'm booked with HK express to go there in a few weeks. All seems ok at the moment?
    Probably will depend on how bad the virus numbers get in these few weeks. The HK government probably won't impose travel restrictions but you may end up with a compulsory quarantine when you come back. All too soon to tell...

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast