Like Tree168Likes

Wuhan Virus - Flights To/From Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Does anyone know the precise details of what happens if you try and fly to Manila? I am currently in BKK, thinking about whether to stay here and then fly to Manila, or go back to HK and they fly back via BKK (or somewhere else that is not greater China). I have two passports (neither of which is Chinese) so wondering if there are any good options and exactly what they check and when....
    Can't really answer your question. It is not meant to be the passport but the travel history (it is meant to be a non-racial policy). I would stay in Bangkok then travel direct to Manila but that is just my opinion.

Original Post Deleted
    Airports and planes are half empty. Ditto hotels. China has locked down so many cities, very few chinese people are able to leave and go on holiday. So what am I supposed to be scared of? HK has more cases than Thailand now anyway. Anyway, I had a conference to attend so I'm here. And I have a job in Manila that requires me to be there in person, so I need to figure out the best way to get there. If countries blacklist HK (as they may, given our fearless leaders utter incompetance) then I just have to leave to be able to work. Hubby had flu - just like millions of other people around the world, many of whom died. Before this coronavirus scare, nobody would have said "don't travel in case you get flu!".
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Does anyone know the precise details of what happens if you try and fly to Manila? I am currently in BKK, thinking about whether to stay here and then fly to Manila, or go back to HK and they fly back via BKK (or somewhere else that is not greater China). I have two passports (neither of which is Chinese) so wondering if there are any good options and exactly what they check and when....

Since none of you guys will have HK passport stamps, just don't tell them you are coming from there. You've obviously been in Oz all the time (i think you guys are citizens, aren't you?) and then in BKK and now fly to Manila. Coronavirus? Never heard of that.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    They blacklist thousands of foreigners every year and are proud of it. Say the wrong thing and not only are you refused entry but you won't be coming back anytime soon. Disaster for Katherine.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

American Airlines, prolongs suspensions.

American Airlines is extending the suspension of its mainland China and Hong Kong service until late April, citing low demand as coronavirus continues to spread. The carrier said it now plans to resume its flights to mainland China from Los Angeles and Dallas/Fort Worth in April 25, almost a month later than it previously targeted. Dallas/Fort Worth-to-Hong Kong will resume on April 24, and a day later from Los Angeles. The move follows a similar adjustment by partner carrier British Airways.

Thanks. So far I had been erring on the side of being honest because it's the right thing to do. Knowing that they also blacklist people means I think I will just continue to do that! I'm quite well know in my industry there so it wouldn't take much to get reported.....

All the grounded planes... very few flights these days for HK Airlines and (Cathay) Dragon(air)
    https://twitter.com/DonBlock7/status...05493695168515

chuckster007 likes this.

HK airlines has been on the brink for ages. Will they yet survive this? They should be dubbed the cockroaches of the sky if they do.

hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    They blacklist thousands of foreigners every year and are proud of it. Say the wrong thing and not only are you refused entry but you won't be coming back anytime soon. Disaster for Katherine.
    I'm pretty sure Immigration at destinion knows where you are most likely coming from. As soon as they swipe your passport on the machine they know of details on where you currently reside and what your previous nationality was.

2 Examples:

In Dxb the lady at the counter asks me for my other passport. I'm like I don't have another nationality. I used to have a few years ago but gave that up for the HKSAR paasport which is the only passport I ever traveled on when I went to Dxb. Got me thinking how the f**k do they know I have a previous nationality when I never traveled to Dxb under my previous passport.

6 months ago I was not working. Immigration at Bangkok "where do u live?? ", whilst looking at the screen. I was arriving from hk. But was in Australia previously for 2 months, and Pakistan for 6 months

To sum up immigration authorities have a lot more info on us then we know.

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    I'm pretty sure Immigration at destinion knows where you are most likely coming from. As soon as they swipe your passport on the machine they know of details on where you currently reside and what your previous nationality was.

2 Examples:

In Dxb the lady at the counter asks me for my other passport. I'm like I don't have another nationality. I used to have a few years ago but gave that up for the HKSAR paasport which is the only passport I ever traveled on when I went to Dxb. Got me thinking how the f**k do they know I have a previous nationality when I never traveled to Dxb under my previous passport.

6 months ago I was not working. Immigration at Bangkok "where do u live?? ", whilst looking at the screen. I was arriving from hk. But was in Australia previously for 2 months, and Pakistan for 6 months

To sum up immigration authorities have a lot more info on us then we know.
    Just no. Countries do not exchange that kind of information. Inferring a possible second citizenship is easy if your place of birth does not match up with your passport.
    TheBrit likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast