Like Tree168Likes

Wuhan Virus - Flights To/From Hong Kong

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

HK airlines has been on the brink for ages. Will they yet survive this? They should be dubbed the cockroaches of the sky if they do.

hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    They blacklist thousands of foreigners every year and are proud of it. Say the wrong thing and not only are you refused entry but you won't be coming back anytime soon. Disaster for Katherine.
    I'm pretty sure Immigration at destinion knows where you are most likely coming from. As soon as they swipe your passport on the machine they know of details on where you currently reside and what your previous nationality was.

2 Examples:

In Dxb the lady at the counter asks me for my other passport. I'm like I don't have another nationality. I used to have a few years ago but gave that up for the HKSAR paasport which is the only passport I ever traveled on when I went to Dxb. Got me thinking how the f**k do they know I have a previous nationality when I never traveled to Dxb under my previous passport.

6 months ago I was not working. Immigration at Bangkok "where do u live?? ", whilst looking at the screen. I was arriving from hk. But was in Australia previously for 2 months, and Pakistan for 6 months

To sum up immigration authorities have a lot more info on us then we know.

Quote Original Post:
    I'm pretty sure Immigration at destinion knows where you are most likely coming from. As soon as they swipe your passport on the machine they know of details on where you currently reside and what your previous nationality was.

2 Examples:

In Dxb the lady at the counter asks me for my other passport. I'm like I don't have another nationality. I used to have a few years ago but gave that up for the HKSAR paasport which is the only passport I ever traveled on when I went to Dxb. Got me thinking how the f**k do they know I have a previous nationality when I never traveled to Dxb under my previous passport.

6 months ago I was not working. Immigration at Bangkok "where do u live?? ", whilst looking at the screen. I was arriving from hk. But was in Australia previously for 2 months, and Pakistan for 6 months

Yeah I'm not sure you are drawing the right inferences there. I don't think countries regularly transfer information on their citizens to all other countries.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Original Post:

2 Examples:

Just no. Countries do not exchange that kind of information. Inferring a possible second citizenship is easy if your place of birth does not match up with your passport.
    TheBrit likes this.

Flights to/from Hong Kong

From March 1-27, 2020, Air Canada will temporarily suspend its daily non-stop Toronto-Hong Kong flights, reflecting reduced market demand. The airline's daily, non-stop Vancouver-Hong Kong flights will accommodate customers originally booked on its Toronto-Hong Kong flights.

Air Canada normally operates 14 weekly flights to Hong Kong, seven from Toronto and seven from Vancouver.

Flights to and from Taipei remain unaffected.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...na-travel.html

Brother in law and wife coming to visit us from UK next week. They also had flights booked for a short break in Vietnam with Jet star Jet star have just cancelled the flights.

HK express still showing some cheap flights to Da Nang if they already have visa

Pauljoecoe likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    Since none of you guys will have HK passport stamps, just don't tell them you are coming from there. You've obviously been in Oz all the time (i think you guys are citizens, aren't you?) and then in BKK and now fly to Manila. Coronavirus? Never heard of that.
    Sure thing.
    Many have HK as place of residence written in their foreign passport and if you have been here longer then the passport is also issued by the HK consulate.

shri likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    Just no. Countries do not exchange that kind of information. Inferring a possible second citizenship is easy if your place of birth does not match up with your passport.
    And date of birth + gender + location of birth in machine readable format. I bet its scanned and saved in the DFS database.

This bit I have no clue where they could have gotten that unless they'd entered it on previous visits perhaps based on visa stamps / entry exit stamps or if you had to apply for a Thai visa at any point before entering?

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast