Like Tree168Likes

Wuhan Virus - Flights To/From Hong Kong

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    When you apply for a US visa the DS160 form as a question whether you've ever lost a visa or passport. So he'd have to have told them about the lost passport.
    He didn't as his 10-year US visa was issued before the loss of that passport.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears
    It may not be standard practise, but allies or intelligence agencies will share intelligence. 5-eyes certainly does. A HK-Chinese friend of mine had his BNO passport lost in a bag snatch in Belgium in 2002. It was reported to the UK passport office, but not replaced. He flies to the US every 1-2 months and on every entry up until that passport expired he was told his entry was taking more time due to this passport loss despite there being no reason the US should know that passport even existed.
    You have to declare all other passports when you apply for a US visa.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    You have to declare all other passports when you apply for a US visa.
    Pre-2002? Also this was BNO, never used, never travelled on and gives no rights so probably doesn't need to be declared. My friend told me there's no reason the US should know that passport existed so he didn't declare at the time. US Immigration knew it was stolen, how and where even though entering the US on a HK passport. The Interpol database doesn't give that information. To be honest, if you think the UK doesn't share passport information with the US (or the US just gets it anyway), you are a tad nieve. On my last US entry, the officer asked about my "other UK passport". How the fuck did he know I have 2? I've only ever used that second one for travel to the Middle East (yes, maybe they leaked it) as the other (used for most other travel unless visa applications keep hold of it) has an Israeli stamp in.

The Philippines has with immediate effect lifted the travel restrictions on Taiwan and is considering Macau, because of the effective protocols they have in place. No mention of Hong Kong which is not surprising is it given the ineffective implementation of crap protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Interpol has a stolen passport database which is shared - completely legit and matches are done with the standardised machine readable name / birth / gender type formats.

But I think the IATA thing that someone mentioned earlier in another thread is more likely an issue. Common PNR + place of issue of ticket + records of previous PNR information - far too much info being stored and shared for pre-arrival checks.
    The IATA story was probably just a bluff.

It may have been posted before (I did look) but Finnair have cancelled on of their two direct flights to HK until April. Hoping it doesn’t cancel the other one!

No more inflight meals and duvets/pillows on Hong Kong Airlines

https://www.hongkongairlines.com/en_...id=10005576896

emx, MatthieuTofu and Morrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by junichitsuyo
    No more inflight meals and duvets/pillows on Hong Kong Airlines

https://www.hongkongairlines.com/en_...id=10005576896
    That is on top of the inflight entertainment being canned in December.
    junichitsuyo and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    That is on top of the inflight entertainment being canned in December.
    HK Airlines is more and more like a budget airline these days...
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by junichitsuyo
    HK Airlines is more and more like a budget airline these days...
    At the price of a full service carrier
    junichitsuyo, emx and jrkob like this.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast